Lockdown 3 has eased, who's been flying?

Eased myself in this morning by flying a second hand MPX Easy Star. Then a very old Precedent Electra Fly. 

No issues to report despite this being my first time without ailerons. ?

No pictures as I was on my own but then I did get there at 07:30 and leave at 10:00. Just me and the Skylarks.

It's good to be out in the fresh air again.?

Having fun as well.

• Like 3

Flew from about 7:15 until a few minutes ago. Flew these:

Rebuilt SFM SE5

Small Nigel Hawes tucano

C-Ray

Viper

Alt dlg

FMS Tiffie

Blade 150.

All home in one piece. Time to recharge all those battteries now!

Bit breezy so didn't maiden my Ultrastick 10cc.

Ian flew his Wot4 foamE, Dynam SBach, PA Katana. As I left, Eric turned up ... promise of a few more turning up later. Bet there will be under 6 at any time.

GG

20210330_072755.jpg

Edited by GrumpyGnome
  • Like 3

No photos, too busy flying, logged my 50th flight on the twin ?

Perfect conditions at our patch - no breeze, sunshine, nice and warm, more like that please.

Only a couple of other members there, surprised there weren't more - their loss!

Edited by Nigel R
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Ron Gray said:

Totes jealous / envious as I’ve got to wait until Thursday when it’s going to be cold!

Me too - except my wait is longer. I have to wait until my eye recovers from recent surgery before I can see well enough to fly again. All these months of inactivity, and my eye had go bad just before we're allowed out again!

Nice light winds and warm sun today - was to hot standing in the sun (not complaining!). Quite bouyant at times and spotted two gulls circling close so speckled out with them before a couple of loops on the way down to land.2064571475_IMG_20210330_151538414_HDR2.thumb.jpg.5aa343636cd9dbb4b51c21fc4ceefafa.jpg1845632329_202103301626372.thumb.JPG.7c6bdefc51ebbee89da72d8c9f4165d3.JPG 

Edited by Tim Crow
Typo
  • Like 2

I had 5 flights with the Seafury this morning, flew very well but I think the motor is a little tired so I will fit a more powerful motor. there was quite a strong wind. After lunch I went back wit the Acrowot but every body was wrapping up as the wind gusts were stronger, Hope tomorrow is better.

DSC_0770[1232] (2).JPG

• Like 4

Child_flyer and I did 8 flights. It was a bit bumpy. Not a lot of wind but it was coming into the patch up the hill and then over tall trees. All models had had some winter repairs and all came home in two pieces - can't get them in the car with the wings on ?. One broken prop on a landing with a gust.

We were surprisingly nervous at the beginning, but soon got back to it.

• Like 3

4 flights today, took a elderly World Models Alpha e-glider, Radian XL and Gamma Pro. First flight was with the Alpha and with about a 40 second  motor run I managed a 20 minute flight with 6 Buzzards at varying levels, some above and some below the Alpha over the flatlands of Suffolk. The Buzzards cleared off after about 10 minutes but I couldn't as I would have been out of bounds. What a start to the hopefully long lasting freedom! Unfortunately, no photos or video as the only other person was flying too.

Edited by Bob Bertram
Additional wording
  • Like 2

I was intending to wait until next week but the weather was so nice this afternoon and 'my' local field is livestock-free and the grass is still relatively short I couldn't resist the temptation.  So I charged 3x 3S 2200 LiPos, put one in the Liddle Stik I built last year and one in each pocket and walked along the footpath for 5 minutes to the take-off site ?

The first attempted take-off (mostly down wind but up-hill because I prefer to take-off away from the footpath) resulted in a mildly spectacular ground-loop,  There wasn't a soul in sight so I did the sensible thing and took off into wind.  I had 3 great flights.  I was surprisingly nervous but all went well.  Warm enough for a short-sleeved polo shirt. 

Let's hope it's the first of many this spring/summer ... year!

• Like 3

Very pleasant day's flying - with several maidens flights for models built during lockdown.

These are nine versions of Terry Anderson's new design "Hanky Planky" - a great deal of fun at high speed.

No, we haven't had a mass launch...

(Yet!)

HankyPlankies.thumb.jpg.c10b37f5c4150d2c0866f9ebfbdfbc7e.jpg

Also flew the Acrowot XL with Laser 200 Inline Twin...

AWXL.thumb.jpg.a1bb840f921081193cf49d052751a997.jpg

A very good day.

Steve.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Flew the Boomerang this afternoon (the OS46 started first time, trims still all spot-on), several 13min flights... my concentration going from excellent at first (circuits and some fun stuff), then to somewhere between good and okay (B-Cert stuff), then down to not very good at all...!

Morning was apparently quite nice, but quite a strong cross-wind component had built by the time I arrived... all good fun however!

A lot of time was of course spent gassing to a handful of fellow club members (the usual suspects naturally, don't know why the other forty members trouble to pay their subs?!)

More tomorrow!

880124279_WhatsAppImage2021-03-30at19_21_31.thumb.jpeg.9adc2e64a89d08f50bcad8fafb3bacdd.jpeg

• Like 3

Had 5 good flights today with my Acrowot XL. There was a crosswind on the runway but it’s a nice forgiving plane . Must admit I had certainly got a bit rusty and my first flight wasn’t great. After that I gradually got back to normal .

Also was good to see the daffodils we planted near our strip come out?

249398DB-7935-4566-AE60-5CB079A55DBD.jpeg

• Like 2

Flew my Tempest today. Beautiful evening and she went very well, as always.

Maiden the Cambrian Spitfire. That didn't go so well. I was, it appears, right to be concerned about the C of G. A swooping and whooping flight ended with a stall and spin and a test of the soft ground/ nose interface. Ground came off slightly better, but it will be fixed!

• Like 1