Galaxy Models Musketeer Build

Nice plane to build and fly. Mine is electric. I reworked the fuselage to give an easy battery access, see below.  I also have an electric Magician, built the same way. I put one 12g servo in each wing instead of linking the ailerons together. Made the wing build much simpler.

image.thumb.png.ef1d4752acdf5da63b79841ee3bddcaa.png

I too have recently completed the Musketeer build. I used two HS MG225 servos in each wing half for aileron control instead of central servo. Lots of room inside the fuselage for battery. Instructions with the model map out how to create a battery tray.  

Yes please from me too.  I don't imagine it'll be a complex build, but it'll be be interesting to follow.

Mine will have an OS35AX and separate aileron servos too - either adjacent in the fuselage using the designed torque-rods or in wing-pockets, not sure which yet?

Jon

10 hours ago, Redex said:

I too have recently completed the Musketeer build. I used two HS MG225 servos in each wing half for aileron control instead of central servo. Lots of room inside the fuselage for battery. Instructions with the model map out how to create a battery tray.  

Any pics?  How does it fly?

17 hours ago, Redex said:

It is my instructions for the battery tray.

Here is mine - only had a couple of flights so far due to the current restrictions so not trimmed out properly yet. The most difficult part of the build for me was getting the rudder servo linkage right. I prefer to used metal rods for servo linkages not the plastic snake types. So bending the rod to get correct linkage took a little time to get right. Hope to get more flights in soon. Steerable nose leg also fitted.

E-Musketeer.thumb.JPG.d04dd9f7035886ea83541e743537d5cb.JPG

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Redex said:

Here is mine - only had a couple of flights so far due to the current restrictions so not trimmed out properly yet. The most difficult part of the build for me was getting the rudder servo linkage right. I prefer to used metal rods for servo linkages not the plastic snake types. So bending the rod to get correct linkage took a little time to get right. Hope to get more flights in soon. Steerable nose leg also fitted.

E-Musketeer.thumb.JPG.d04dd9f7035886ea83541e743537d5cb.JPG

Looks great, did you use the ABS plastic cowling? If you did, did you paint it?

43 minutes ago, Tony H said:

I intend to use a irvine 36 or 39 with an 9 or 11oz tank.

60 hours flight time with that size tank! Either need only 6oz, maybe 8oz if you pipe it and leave the loud lever at the top, although this doesn't seem that sort of model.

I think you could get that done in 45 hours if the kit parts fit nicely and don't need much fettling and you do a simple covering scheme.

22 minutes ago, Nigel R said:

60 hours flight time with that size tank! Either need only 6oz, maybe 8oz if you pipe it and leave the loud lever at the top, although this doesn't seem that sort of model.

I think you could get that done in 45 hours if the kit parts fit nicely and don't need much fettling and you do a simple covering scheme.

Maybe 9oz then

The SLEC square 9oz tanks are only 5mm bigger than the 6 oz   52mm by52mm by 104 compared to 47x47x96  so a bigger tank should fit in with any luck and be worthwhile.    Note those are SLEC measurements - an actual 9oz tank I have is 53 x 53 x 103

Thanks guys, I was planning to use Slec tanks. I only have a 6oz or 11oz in my stock. I will go with the 11oz since I am using the Irvine 39 which only weights the same as a 25.

I made a start today so far 1hr 30mins in. Drying time is slow!

20210407_181650.jpg