12c gauge wire ? will it be OK

tigerman

Need to make an adapter for my FMS Rafale . It has a XT 90 connecter and all my batteries are XT150  connecters so I am going to make an adapter up with a XT 90 to fit on the lead from the esc and then a XT 150 connecter so I can connect the lead to my lipo .I do not want to cut of the XT 90 connecter on the model because there will not be enough room to solder the XT150 directly on to the esc lead and I do not want to mess about removing the esc lead from the model .I have only  have 12 gauge wire and I have been told I should use 10 gauge wire for this adapter because it is powered by a 6s lipo but will the 12 gauge wire be OK to use for a 6s adapter ? 

Maybe any heating/voltage drop within the short operating duration is acceptable.  Could Tigerman consider making up a directly coupled adapter - I haven't used XT150s but they appear to be separate units that might solder directly to the XT90 terminals?  Encapsulate them in epoxy afterwards for handling strength/insulation and finish off with heatshrink for a neater finish...

Hi Tigerman .I am no expert at electronic but If you look at your Rafale and on my FMS Hawk you will see the both use 12 gauge wire on the esc lead ( Well they do on both of mine I have just check .On the Rafale and FMS Hawk they are both 12 gauge wires .) I am not saying that is right but if FMS are using 12 gauge wire on the esc lead then you should be alright .If not both my Hawk and Rafale will have the same problem but I have been flying both of them and had no problems On the Hawk I must of had over 50 flights .Again I am not saying that it is correct. Your decision ?