Model Jet Flying at MOD Woodbridge

On one of my long walks through Rendlesham forest close to the northern boundary of the old RAF Woodbridge runway, the sound of turbine motors took my attention. What's this I see? Surely that's a large model  jet buzzing around. Well looking through the MOD fence there was a group 5-6 cars and a wind sock being employed and model jets being flown. Now I know the premises are an amalgamation of Rock Barracks and the Royal Engineers (23rd I think) on MOD property. I wondered if it was a service club there as I didn't think the public were permitted on site. Pity really as there is still a hell of a lot of spare runway that could be used for model fliers! ?

• 1 year later...

Hi they usto have a model club there back in the 90s when the USAAF was there with A-10s, 15 Eagles and Hercs c-130s and a few F-16s.
but since the americans moved out, and REME Army air cor AAC came in took over, im nt toally sure if a club still exists there, the americans were very anglo engish freindly, but brustsh forces  mmm not as much so....hardline   we are a base so no  oublic allowed. 
But maybe a selct few from the old club are still permitted to  now and again...afternoon or morning have a fly about, when at watisham with 3 para...i usto now and agin...be allowed    on a friday afternoon  get half hour or hour in...flying a R/C model....on the far end of the field....but being operatinal with 222 Rescue helos and Police helos being staioned there it   did become orkward to  get persmission.