hota-p6-2-x-300w-1-6s-dual-smart-charger-discharger-dc-only

Personally, I'd never even consider using the 12v socket in the vehicle I use for driving to / from the field. You need it to start up when it's time to go home. Lipo might be ok for charging small batteries but a decent 12v leisure battery is what you really want if you are charging multiple flight batteries.

• Thanks 1

Hi Ron, I think you are both right. It is just that the charger does seem to offer the option of powering it with another lipo.

Also I have a few helis that come with a charger powered by AA batteries ???

This thing also comes with a discharge option which in turn charges a battery plugged into the DC input socket.

I have looked at leisure batteries for my van before, if I go down that road, I may as well go the inverter route and have a 240 supply in the back.

Useful for all sorts of things then.

D.D.

I have the powered version of the above (240v) and it is a great little charger - far better than any of my other 4-5 ISDTs etc. - great flexibility and power - use it at home and in the field.     This is a rebranded version of it http:// https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-reaktor-d6-pro-duo-ac-dc-6s-balance-charger-discharger-w-smartphone-wireless-charging-dc325w-x-2-uk-plug.html?queryID=2cc8b820d024d5c01e986cdba077cf13&objectID=80914&indexName=hbk_live_magento_en_us_products

When I bought it , it was about £80 from Banggood (pre Brexit) 

Edited by conrad taggart
  • Thanks 1

Dwain 

It is the one ... I use the 240v option at home.  In the field I just connect a lipo to charge smaller lipos / enloops and use up any surplus left in my flight batteries to top up others.   It also has a usb charge point, useful for my Transmitter which has a built in charger,  and a wireless phone charger across the top.   

CT 

Edited by conrad taggart
  • Like 1