Subscription free gift is different to that advertised in the April edition.

Model Monster

I just went to subscribe for the RCM&E mag. using the code in the April edition which has a "free" Permagrit bundle as the gift. I tried online and via telephone, using the advertised promo code RCME2021 but the offer when you get to the subscription part is for a few Lipo sacks instead with no Permagrit bundle available? The nice lady on the telephone order line said she would escalate this. I also tried it with the Print and Print/ Digital subscriptions but the result was the same.

I also tried using the subscription facility on this website (RCM&E Home button) but that doesn't recognise the promo code at all?

Is this a glitch?

Ideally I would like the Permagrit bundle.

Edited by Model Monster
Additional info.

Hi Model Monster, 

As the June issue is now out, the gift has been updated, which is why it's showing as the LiPo sacks as this is the June offer. Unfortunately, the Permagrit bundle is no longer available.

Each month will be a different gift as advertised in the magazine. The URL link to subscribe is: https://rcme.secureorder.co.uk/RCME/RCME2021/ and the gift on this link will be updated at the relevant time. 

Hope this helps,

Beth 

Well the small print in both the March and April 2021 issues page 38 in the Permagrit Offer section says "Offer ends 31st December 2021 "   so one would expect that to apply and a subscriber would receive the Permagrit bundle.   ( a very worthwhile item to have )

Edited by kc

I was caught to. Due to a change in personal circumstances I did not renew my subscription in November 2020. I was tempted back by the March RCM&E newsletter advert for the Permagrit offer and the fact that I missed the mag. I was told I was not eligible for the offer and I therefore cancelled and asked for my money back. Didn't feel very good about the attitude either.

I haven't subscribed, I was actually quite annoyed when I found out, as far as I'm concerned this is blatant mis-selling. The lady on the telephone ordering service said she would escalate this but I haven't had anyone contact me yet. I'll see what's on offer next month. There are other offers online for RCM&E subscriptions without "free gifts" and these are a lot cheaper.

I too was extremely disappointed to receive the Lipo bags on Saturday (useless to an IC man). Although May had been out a few days I submitted the Aprils form and "included" the Permagrit gift sheet showing available until 31st Dec 21.

Separate T & C's state subject to availability but then no mention of substitution either? They also mention it will honor number of issues rather then term. 

It will be interesting to see how many issues I receive as my completed submitted subscription form (and current May's) clearly states 13 issues. Even the Timemedia subscription website shows 13 issues. However T & C's and elsewhere in the advert it mentions 12 or 1yr and the right to amend this term ?

Now don't get me wrong the fact RCM&E have managed to keep going is fantastic and long may they continue - but if dangling a carrot and then suppling (probably with best intentions) something I would not have agreed too and just waited is not really on.

Taken from the timemedia website 5 min ago.

RCM&E

13 Issues Per Year
Subscription

Edited by Ace
Spelling error

• 1 month later...

Hi Model Monster and Everyone 

I just saw this thread and thought i'd throw in my tuppenceworth and see if theres been any further updates to the " unsatisfactory free gift " offer from RCM&E ?

I also tried online and over the phone to subscribe , having finally been tempted by the useful permagrit offer .... I was also very disappointed to be offered lipo sacs .... which i didnt want or have a use for ... so i left it and will remain an unsubscriber until the permagrit or other useful offer returns .... 

The lady i spoke to was pleasant enough , but was presumably just raising subscriptions for all magazines and had no knowledge of the offers available , just what came up on her screen .

It is a very misleading " offer " and really should be clarified .... Or maybe its deliberately misleading to tempt in new subscribers who will just accept the cheaper replacement free offers they receive with a muted self moan....

Has there been any "escalation" of sorting out the misrepresentation ?

cheers

Ian