Suitable ESC for Hacker Motor

I will be installing this motor into an F5J Thermal Glider. Please can anyone suggest an inexpensive ESC that will operate this unit (2-3s Lipo plus four micro servos? I did try to source an ESC from a very well known UK supplier but surprisingly they couldn't suggest a suitable unit!
Is there something special about this Hacker that I'm not seeing?
Cheers & thanks for reading this post.
SW 

Motor details:

A10 – 7L – 13L + 4,4:1

Specifications:
Powerange: max. 75W (15 sec.)
Idle Current @ 8,4V: 0,39 A
Resistance (Ri): 0,28 Ohm
RPM/Volt, only Motor (kv): 1300 U/min-1
Weight: 20g
Motor Diameter: 21 mm
Length: 43 mm
Poles: 12-Pole Outsiderunner
recom. Speedcontroler: ~10A Brushless
recom. Timing: 20° – 25°

I am a little confused because the A10 -7L and A10-13L are different wind motors, but looking at the specs you provide I assume you mean the A10-13L + 4.4:1.

The Hacker shop suggests a 12A ESC as suitable for that motor

https://www.hacker-motor-shop.com/speed-controller-x-12-pro-with-bec.htm?shop=hacker_e&SessionId=&a=article&ProdNr=87100001&p=10695

BUT the BEC is only suitable for 2 to 3 servos, and I think that may be your problem rather than anything special about the motor.

Small ESCs in the 10 to 12 amp range generally don't have BECs suitable for 4 servos, so just look for an ESC with a higher rated BEC - and it will probably be a bigger overall ESC of 20amp or more rating.

Dick

Edited by Dickw

Agreed Dick.

I use that 12A ESC with an A10-7L + 4.4:1 in my Wisel light with 2 servos. You will need to go to the Hacker X-20-Pro before you get a BEC suitable for 4 servos. I've attached the instruction leaflet from my ESC which has the various specifications on page 4.

I use the recommended Hacker ESCs with my 3 Hacker motors so can't recommend any other brand from experience. Having spent so much on the motor, for me it is not worth scrimping on the ESC.

Hacker Brushless Motors ESC.pdf

Thanks John, I now know without doubt which ESC to get. You are quite right, the motor is expensive so the correct controller is more than justified. I'm fairly new to the electric scene so therefore on a fairly steep learning curve just now.

Thanks for your helpful comments.

Cheers 

Chris (SW)

1 hour ago, Dickw said:

I am a little confused because the A10 -7L and A10-13L are different wind motors, but looking at the specs you provide I assume you mean the A10-13L + 4.4:1.

The Hacker shop suggests a 12A ESC as suitable for that motor

https://www.hacker-motor-shop.com/speed-controller-x-12-pro-with-bec.htm?shop=hacker_e&SessionId=&a=article&ProdNr=87100001&p=10695

BUT the BEC is only suitable for 2 to 3 servos, and I think that may be your problem rather than anything special about the motor.

Small ESCs in the 10 to 12 amp range generally don't have BECs suitable for 4 servos, so just look for an ESC with a higher rated BEC - and it will probably be a bigger overall ESC of 20amp or more rating.

Dick

Thanks Dick for the helpful guidance. I certainly take your point about the servo numbers and their influence on the overall BEC/ESC ratings, very valid in the circumstances. I have actually bought the A10 -7L as per kit recommendation for the power unit, so it looks like the Hacker X20 Pro will cope with 4 servos.

Thanks again for your prompt response

Stay Well

Chris