T6K - 8 Channels?

tizdaz

Hi guys!

ok I received my new T6k, but it only comes with a 6 channel receiver (I would have thought it would come with an 8 channel receiver as the set was updated from 6 channels to support 8 channels!?).

Anyway I need the full 8 channels. So does this mean I need to buy the 8 channel receiver as I've read a little about this "S-Bus" but I've never used it or actually know exactly what it is, I believe it is some sort of extension for the channels?

Cheers!

Yes either buy an 8 channel receiver or a couple of SBus servos and program them for channels 7 and 8 off the SBus port, Futabas new SU300 servo is SBus compatible, the 6 channel receiver is capable of sending all 8 channels (or more if using a different Tx) via the SBus port. You can also hookup the SBus port to an external compatible device (stabliser, SBus decoder etc) and get all 8 channels that was with non-Sbus servos. 

BTW a friend recently bought a Futaba SZ16 and it came with an 8 channel receiver, so getting an 8 channel radio with a 6 channel Rx is not uncommon.