YT International

yea sadly they are no more. Really annoying as their models would get recommendations from me every day of the week. Sure they needed a little effort on the part of the builder, but if you were prepared to make a little effort to change/fix/improve them then they were excellent models and flew very well. 

I currently have:

La7 - 11 years old and still flying. Superb first large warbird. As forgiving as they come at this size and a joy to fly in almost any weather. 
Sea Fury - Probably 6 or 7 years old now? heavy, rock solid in the air but always that weight is felt. My most precise warbird and a favourite for the spectators at my club!

P39 - another getting on for a decade. Easy to fly, difficult to fly well but very rewarding. Looks the part in the air and nice to see something unusual. 

Bf109 - Waiting its turn to fly. 

A6m - Also waiting

Fw190-...yep, its also waiting. 

If you see one, grab it. Ignore anyone who tells you the c/g is wrong and just reduce the elevator rates. As a benchmark, I think my sea fury will loop on 3mm elevator travel so recommendations of 15mm are excessive to say the least. 

Totally agree with Jon, I've had 2 x 83" Hurricanes (both lost but won't go into that!) and currently have a Bearcat (Laser 240v), a Tigercat (2x Laser 160v) and a Typhoon that I bought second hand into which the Laser 200 in-line twin will be going.

Build quality pretty good and as Jon says they fly really well and look the part. If a Hurricane comes up for sale join the queue!

• 4 months later...
On 13/05/2021 at 02:32, Ron Gray said:

Totally agree with Jon, I've had 2 x 83" Hurricanes (both lost but won't go into that!) and currently have a Bearcat (Laser 240v), a Tigercat (2x Laser 160v) and a Typhoon that I bought second hand into which the Laser 200 in-line twin will be going.

Build quality pretty good and as Jon says they fly really well and look the part. If a Hurricane comes up for sale join the queue!

Ron, by any chance do you have the YT Typhoon Manual? Been looking for one  

• 1 year later...