SBUS?

tizdaz

Hi guys

I have a Futaba T6k V2 TX which supports SBUS/SBUS 2.

Is it possible to run 2 SBUS Servos off the same channel using SBUS?

The reason being is I want to program the servos speed to slow right down to give a more scale feel to the flaps on my plane & I would also need to reverse one of the servos. My TX doesn't have servo speed setting but if I use SBUS then I can program the SBUS servos speed directly via SBUS. So ideally I would like to run both servos off the same channel, is this possible by just assigning the same channel to both servos, or would I need to use a Y lead from the SBUS hub and connect both servos to that for the flaps, or would I basically need to assign a separate channel for each servo no matter what?

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks

This is interesting and very informative.

Reading into this, the sbus servos are individually programmed and can be reversed, which is what you want. Additionally conventional and sbus servos can be mixed on the rx.

Never used sbus and this is the first time I have read about them.

I am here to learn.

Thanks

Signals from a RX SBUS output are all sent down 1 signal wire, SBUS servos will (having been programmed for the channel that you want them to work on) decipher the signal and act on those being transmitted for their channel. Non SBUS servos will need a decoder, which has multiple outputs into which the individual servos are plugged, to send the correct signal to the individual servos. SBUS servos can (usually) be programmed for speed, rotation, centre, total rotation and in some cases can also feedback telemetry for thing such as current draw, temp.

As @Nigel R says above, there are much cheaper ways of achieving servo reversing and servo slow.

Edited by Ron Gray

Reading the T6K instructions I don't think you can program the servo operation, it looks like all you can do from the Tx is set the channel it works off (via the SBus port), but you could buy a Futaba SU300 servo and try it.

Might not be a bad idea to drop an e-mail to Ripmax and ask, I sent them one about reallocating the trainer switch from the righthand side to the left and they came back quickly and confirmed that it wasn't possible to redefine the trainer switch on the 6K.

Nothing like trying to learn new tricks all over again,  - - right from the start. ?

After using JR radio control equipment for decades, took a holiday for a year, went to live in Viet Nam, ( GREAT COUNTRY THESE DAYS ! ) and when I finally 

returned to Oz, found out that JR no longer was making R/C equipment.

After all this time away and just to make things even more difficult, had a minor stroke and also a minor heart attack, - recovered from both now, BUT, lost a LOT of 

knowledge about things electronic now due to that stroke. ???

Anyhow, recently went into my usual hobby shop and after talking to Brian for a bit, decided to switch to FUTABA.  ? 

Now have most of the goodies that I think are needed -  including several now AFT's and new NITRO engines to get back into the air once again ! ?

Purchased a nice, new, FUTABA 18SZ SET, - then the 'fun' began - - trying to work every thing out all over again. NOT so much fun or easy to do at 75 years old !!! 

From what I've gathered reading and watching online programs, it's going to be pretty interesting programming everything, getting used to it all, then trying not to 'arrive'

too hard onto the ground !!!   

In SaiGon, flew with a great bunch of people, think just about every one of them is a business owner !!!   Despite the fact that most of the ARF kits these days are manufactured in VN - couple of great factories only 20 minutes away from my apartment, and my new 'BETTER HALF' used to make sure that all my flying needs where taken care of - -  now must start all over again !!!!    ( thinking that I should never have left VN !!!!! )

RSCN1424.JPG

DSCN0582.JPG

DSCN0564.JPG