Can' t charge transmitter

John Timmis

Hi. I connected the transmitter ( futaba 6EX 2.4) to the charger this morning. No green light on the charger. The charger is ok, it's working on another tx ( field force 6).  The transmitter still works ok & shows 10.5v on the display. It is fitted with an eneloop battery.

All suggestions welcome.

John

I think any charger that tells you how much you have put into the battery and allows you to check the battery capacity is far preferable to the usual wall warts supplied with the radio. I normally check the capacity of my Tx battery about once a month and of my rx batteries if I have not used the model for a while. In general use I have a fair idea what it takes to recharge my receiver battery and it is surprisingly little. On a days flying, say four flights I expect my 5 cell battery in a 5 servo .91FS powered aerobat to require about 400mAH to recharge.

A charger that can run on 12V is also very useful as, just in case you forget to charge and want to go flying you can top up on the way to the field or at the field if necessary.

Edited by FlyinBrian