Help ! Crankcase wanted for Boddo Mills.

Engine Doctor

Does anyone have a Boddo Mills 0.75 Crankcase or kow the whereabouts of one for sale ?

Its  a CS made engine with the two screws that hold the cylinder to the C/case

I bought a hardly used example a few years ago test ran it oiled it and stored it until now, got it out and a crack has appeared along the case around the crankshaft ! 

weather its a stress crack that occured during manufacture I dont know  . Anyway if you have a tatty broken,clapped example  or a case that you are willing to sell please PM me . Failing that its a welding/brazing job for low temp ali rods  .

Edited by Engine Doctor

Well the repair didn't go atall well ! The crank case was made of an alloy , a chinese concoction, that melted at almost the same temp as the low temp rods !! 

So looking for a crank case or will sell all the bits as nearly new parts as it still needed running in !

Edited by Engine Doctor
  • Sad 1

Hello Jonathan yes a possible solution however the original case has distorted to a degree that no dimension could be taken and no drawings are available  . 

Hopefully someone will see this and have a case or a clapped engine that can be used. 

The strange thing was that the case melted / sagged at such a low temp ? I have used these rods on many cases over the years and never had a case / job melt like this before . Will put it down to experience and keep looking for that elusive case  or sell the internals .