How to receive the digital issue?

Martin Fraser

It's a pity nobody from "the staff" have advised you on this. However, the way that I view the digital magazine is from the modelflying.co.uk home page, at the top right you select "LOG IN / JOIN". Then you will need to join and I guess give your subscriber number, but I can't remember exactly as I did this a long time ago. In fact my subscriber number has somehow changed during the period of my continuous subscription, but I can still access the Digital Archive on my old number..

Once you have "LOG IN" working, then you can go across left to the "SUBSCRIBE" button and choose "Digital Archive" from the drop down. Then you should see the digital magazines available for selection.

This is all very confusing. This home page "LOG IN" is separate from the forum log in. Also, I have yet a third log in for "RCME.secureorder.co.uk to supposedly "manage" my subscription. This is also confusing. Even though I thought I had this on continuous renewal, I find myself each year receiving a letter from RCME inviting me to renew with some deal or other. This year, I went and renewed according to this letter. Having done that and then become more confused by the contradictory information on RCME.secureorder.co.uk and various phone calls to them, it seemed that the price of the deal offered in the letter was actually more than if I had left it to renew automatically,.....maybe!!! Really I am not sure about this and its only because RCME is the only UK RC magazine still published that I put up with having 3 separate log ins for the same organisation that cannot give me a straight story on my subscription renewal year on year!!!

52 minutes ago, Jonathan W said:

It's a pity nobody from "the staff" have advised you on this. 

Once you have "LOG IN" working, then you can go across left to the "SUBSCRIBE" button and choose "Digital Archive" from the drop down. Then you should see the digital magazines available for selection.

This is all very confusing. This home page "LOG IN" is separate from the forum log in. Also, I have yet a third log in for "RCME.secureorder.co.uk to supposedly "manage" my subscription. This is also confusing. Even though I thought I had this on continuous renewal, I find myself each year receiving a letter from RCME inviting me to renew with some deal or other. This year, I went and renewed according to this letter. Having done that and then become more confused by the contradictory information on RCME.secureorder.co.uk and various phone calls to them, it seemed that the price of the deal offered in the letter was actually more than if I had left it to renew automatically,.....maybe!!! Really I am not sure about this and its only because RCME is the only UK RC magazine still published that I put up with having 3 separate log ins for the same organisation that cannot give me a straight story on my subscription renewal year on year!!!

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your input. After some faffing about I've managed to get to the digital archive and view / read the editions. I can't see me reading it on my phone though as the lap top is small enough. When I hit the full screen button it just goes blank. However, I can zoom with the mouse. It strikes me as all very clunky but I'll persevere with it for now.

Thanks again for your help,

Martin 

• 7 months later...

Robert. I recently changed my subscription to print and digital and like you I had no idea how to get the digital edition. I eventually worked it out myself the nice lady at the publishers office was not much help when I phoned them. What I did eventually was to install the pocket mags app on my tablet, logon with my RCM&E forum account and it magically gave me access to the digital magazine. What I was more interested to in was the archive magazines, these you access through the RCM&E homepage.