BRC ESC Throttle Problem

Throttle Problem

Hi, my first foray into going electric is not too smooth....I have an old but unused BRC-15amp ESC that I was trying to set up on a test stand today using my Futaba T6EXA TX and RX. all works perfectly fine apart from one irritating point.... the throttle stick movement is reversed. The throttle works in the correct way on other models (Non-electric) but this ESC will not seemingly play ball. 

I see that the BRC instruction sheet says "This ESC is not programmable" and wondered if I could reset to factory default somehow in case my initial set-up with the ESC was wrong and I could start again.

When I initially set it up, I set the TX set throttle stick to what is normally full but the ESC did not beep the expected 2 beeps, it beeped 3 times after which I moved the throttle to minimum and it all worked but in reverse...that took me by surprise...!!

So, putting the stick to minimum and doing the set-up again...I now get the expected 2 beeps...Hurrah....but although this has calibrated the min to max throttle as desired it is still only working on the wrong throttle stick movement... ie Full power is 'minimum' and low to stop is what is normally 'full power'

Naturally I can go into the TX and reverse the throttle servo as a workaround but I would rather it was all standardised so does anyone have any on how to tell the ESC to use the throttle in the 'normal' sense?

Hi Simon, It was the recommended ESC for a little Tower Pro 2408-21T that I bought a few years back as it was the same motor and ESC that Tim Hooper used in his Pixie-Major plan.

After years if I.C. powered models, I wanted something small, simple and electric to use in the local park to get my 'hand-in' again after several years away from the hobby.

I could make a Pixie-Major from the free plan Tim had in RCME years ago to use it but my intention was to use this power train on a small glider (Mike Proctor's 48" Minnie HLG from RCME 1984)  that glider would be perfect as a first little electric model but that would ideally need a small 7x4 folding prop but the problem is that I don't know of any that will fit this very thin (2.90mm) motor shaft this motor has. ?

1 hour ago, Bridon said:

....................l but that would ideally need a small 7x4 folding prop but the problem is that I don't know of any that will fit this very thin (2.90mm) motor shaft this motor has. ?

Aeronaut do a good quality range of hubs, collets and prop blades including a collet for 3mm shafts. They don't do a complete assembly, you just pick the bits you need to make the prop you require. One source is:-

https://www.robotbirds.co.uk/propellers-edf/aeronaut-carbon-folding-props.html

Does that help?

Dick