Euros 2020 ? Football.

Best team won in the end - England outfought Germany there for 60 out of the 90 minutes. Sterling MOTM looked sharp and dangerous throughout, but it was a proper team performance. Grealish has to start the next game. Well done England -really didn't expect that. ?

• Like 1

I'm very happy that England won the game and on balance I think deservedly so. And, it is nice to put one over on Germany for a change.

However, I saw nothing that inspired me to believe that England have any real hope of winning the competition. Much of the passing is sideways or backwards and there seems very to be little momentum and even less creativity in the play in general.

Sadly, against a competent team I think England will be found wanting.  

8 hours ago, David Ashby - Moderator said:

...and Cavendish won too, turned out nice. 

and Mark's dad, Dave, I believe is the young chap holding the stretched Monterey (in the back row behind the lady with the Amigo) of this pic - IOM glider week circa 1975/6. 863119122_IOM_fullgroup.thumb.jpg.538687117ce9c21cc1b903a2f8c1383c.jpgcirca 1975/6.

• Like 2

England have got better, game by game and now look confident and competent. That was a very good performance, throughout the team and even throughout the squad. I did think before the game that the Ukraine's exertions against Sweden might cause them to fade, but ot never really came to that.

I gave up watching football years ago because all they seemed to do was fall over and pretend they were hurt, slide tackle to take the other player out, spend their time falling about trying to get free kicks and penalties and rarely pass the ball but just keep hoofing the ball down the middle hoping a 'striker' would get to it first which usually lost posession.

My wife happened to click on it as the second half was starting and I couldn't believe what I was seeing. They were actually playing football !!!?

No falling over, passing the ball like a team to create openings, no dirty tackles and no extra 'injury' time because they weren't pretending they were hurt every two minutes.

I quite enjoyed it.

I'm even considering watching another game if this is the new normal??