Canopy adhesive

Yes, canopy glue is good. Works on covering film. Clean up with water. Dries slightly flexible, not far off RTV. Excellent for mylar hinges as well.

What you cannot do is fill it with microballoons and shape the result, like you might with epoxy.

hello piers...for years I've used clear silicone...the stuff from aquarium shops...is the best..small tube aprox £5....put the canopy on/in place fasten it with some masking tape/leave over night...any squished out surplus,trim off and the canopy will be there for the life of your model...don't tell everyone.

ken anderson...ne...1..squished out dept.

Pacer's Canopy Glue works a treat - I think it is essentially the same basic glue family as RC Modeller's Glue aka RC56, so any of those are great for the job.

CA is a no-no, due to fogging.

I've never tried, or thought to try, epoxy- if you think about it you can mix epoxy on a bit of clear plastic packaging material, similar to a canopy, then, after it's set, you can flex the plastic and the epoxy parts company allowing you to re-use the plastic to mix another batch of epoxy.

1 hour ago, leccyflyer said:

Pacer's Canopy Glue works a treat - I think it is essentially the same basic glue family as RC Modeller's Glue aka RC56, so any of those are great for the job.

CA is a no-no, due to fogging.

I've never tried, or thought to try, epoxy- if you think about it you can mix epoxy on a bit of clear plastic packaging material, similar to a canopy, then, after it's set, you can flex the plastic and the epoxy parts company allowing you to re-use the plastic to mix another batch of epoxy.

Tight bottom.

Gorilla clear seems to be a non-foaming polyurethane glue by the smell of it.

A few years ago my first purchase of Gorilla glue was from a model shop and it was clear and foaming since then I have only found the brown foaming or the clear non-foaming kind. Is the clear foaming still available as I haven't seen it for years.

Edited by Andy Stephenson