Fitting an Electric Motor to a Phoenix 2000 Glider.

My knowledge of and interest in electric powered flight is notorious but I am returning to England today to spend the summer with the lady in my avatar and I noticed the Phoenix 2000 glider looking forlorn in my workshop and thought that it might make a good second aircraft for Trish after a few flights on the electric powered Super 60 she's holding.

I've owned this model for several years but have never assembled it. I bought it as a glider but I think that it would be fairly easy to fit an electric motor. I have an E-Max BL 2815/09 which I've never used. The prop size recommended is 11"-12". Would this be a suitable motor for this model?

If not which motor would you recommend?

I will also need a recommendation for a LiPo, ESC and folding propeller. I have several 2200 3S LiPos in stock. Are they too big for the model?

Secondly and on a different tack does anyone know of a stockist of inflatable Du Bro wheels to suit my Big Guff vintage model? They'll need to be at least 4" in diameter.

Maiden Flight.jpg

Included:
Volantex 759-02 Phoenix V2 2000 5CH Aerobatic Electric Glider (airframe only)
Horns and pushrods
10x6 Folding propeller

Required:
1500~2200mAh 3S 25C (or greater) LiPo Battery
6 Channel Transmitter and Receiver
28mm brushless motor of 150W or more
30~40A brushless ESC
4 x 9g nylon or metal-geared servos (6 required if using flaps)

One thing to be aware of with Phoenix 2000  is actually fitting the motor in the slender nose and getting the wires out safely.  Outrunners always have the ability to commit suicide if the rotating outer chops through the connecting wires (though I've never actually had it happen, it seems to be a risk).  I overcame that on my own Phoenix 2K by fitting a Gliderdrive motor from HobbyKing, which has a case round the rotating part and rear connections.

Geoff