Concorde

Further to the July article, I built one of these when the plan was available. I saw TN demonstrate his at Buckminster and it lifted fine from non too short grass so built mine on the strength of this using the very same fans. Tried a test run from our patch. It looked as though it may lift but I aborted because of a nose leg steering problem. Next time out the grass had just been cut and although it appeared to hare off it soon ground to a halt and would not taxi back; the fans were full of grass cuttings. No hard surface field anywhere near so what do I do with a very expensive model which looks great hanging on a wall but not a lot of good to me?

I had the same with the Vulcan but put this down to the lousy HK fans. It went great on its one and only flight from the Barkston tarmac one evening at the Nats.

Hi Martin,

I still haven’t flown mine but I also thought the grass situation you have encountered was a real possibility.

I have some car body mesh from Halfords, like this and I wondered about making a screen over the cheater holes to help prevent FOD into the fans.

I don’t think it will impact too much on the effectiveness of the cheater holes?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...