Which Quad

bees

Fancy buying a quadcopter and was wondering if anybody can suggest which one. I don't want to take video or photos just want to fly round our flying field but would like a fpv regarding a monitor on the controller. Don't want to buy the cheap quads aiming at youngsters but would like one with attitude hold return to home and other various  add ons. Basically one with out having to pay a arm and a leg for the advanced video, photo technology. Any ideas please.

Start with a 2S TinyWhoop - they are small, resilient, cheap and fun, can be flown indoors and out and you will get a feeling for whether you like it enough to invest more. I have the Mobula 7, but there are loads to choose from that are good for ~£70-100, and the batteries are small, cheap and easy to come by. They don't have all the fancy RTH and altitude hold stuff, but if you are buying it to fly around and experience FPV you don't need that anyway.

Once you have that under your thumbs and know you like it you can obviously move on to bigger, more powerful models (a Cinewhoop or freestyle/racing drone) that cope better in a bit of wind. You are likely to be building yourself though if you don't want to be paying "an arm and a leg for the advanced video, photo technology".

Edited by MattyB

I bought the £24 jobby from Lidl, just could not resist it.

Yeah it's a bit of a toy but I fly ( play ) it on the football field along with the ninja helo.

I fly the drone as if it is a fixed wing, but fly it slowly.

It's so easy to get disoriented with it, as it blends into the background trees which surround the pitch on 3 sides.

Tried coloured tape but that just seems to disappear, so rely on red bright rear red led, and "think" I am flying on/in it to keep orientation.

I think it was well worth the not much money. I got it and the helo to sharpen my mode one skills prior to model plane flying.

Hopefully the new radio gear will be here for the weekend, slope soaring again getting closer.

I will not be flying fixed wing, even small ones, from the pitch, the area is not suitable, the area is not big enough.