Another one back from a long trip 'elswhere'

Well back from a blast from the past,

In the South of France and still flying all sorts of planes, helicopters and dare I mention drones,,,

After loosing 5 different model fields in 18 years our club now owns  2 hectares of land with a gravel runway of around 12 metres  x 130 metres a steel

building to shade ourselves from the sun and a couple of decent mowers, 2 electric planes with radios to teach people how to fly, and membership

that had been 'waning' down to 24 members is now up to 36 with a few bob in the kitty and friendly members ( yes even though they are French ).

A picture of us getting on with the job, as you can see we have concrete ping pong tables on bricks to put our planes together and start them up, nearest neighbour around 800 metres away so no noise problems.

so thanks for having me back.

Screenshot 2021-06-24 at 18-54-37 AERO MODEL CLUB CEVENOL - Accueil.png

• Like 5

It looks like time to find a new field (if you can) GG.

We are very lucky, even though our field is very limited.

Our landlord farmer is really friendly and helpful.

Our MOD neighbours sometimes use the field (when we aren't there) when training their dogs.

We must be the only private model club in the country with 24 hour armed guards on our lawnmower !!!

I recently contacted the NFU (National Farmers Union) to see if they could aid in identifying a farmer who would consider a club on their property.

Lo a reply was received and query being put out to Farmers in our region. 

Might be worth considering for those who may be loosing their site