Futaba T6K external battery sensor query

David Ramsden

Hello there. I am using a T6K transmitter with an R3008SB receiver and the required CA-RVIN-700 external voltage input cable. I have it wired in as instructed and connected to a 4S Lipo and I've programmed the Tx to vibrate (alarm) when the Lipo voltage drops to 13.6V. Only problem is, it always goes off when the battery drops to 14.3 or 14.4.

Is it possible that there's another setting I have failed to do(?) or done wrong?

Thanks!

David

Hello David,

I use this setup with my T18SZ on a number of models. If a Lipo is at 14.3 to 14.4V when measured under no load then it may well drop below 13.6V when the motor is running. The amount it drops under load depends on a number of factors including your flying style (if you use a lot of high throttle for long periods then the battery voltage will drop more). It is also affected by temperature and the condition and life of the battery (old ones will drop more volts than new ones). To a certain extent you can find the correct alarm voltage by trial and error (and I do this) but you should not use as the only trigger to land and expect to have to adjust your alarm voltage a bit if you change the batteries.

Hope this makes sense

Simon

1 hour ago, Simon Clark said:

Hello David,

I use this setup with my T18SZ on a number of models. If a Lipo is at 14.3 to 14.4V when measured under no load then it may well drop below 13.6V when the motor is running. The amount it drops under load depends on a number of factors including your flying style (if you use a lot of high throttle for long periods then the battery voltage will drop more). It is also affected by temperature and the condition and life of the battery (old ones will drop more volts than new ones). To a certain extent you can find the correct alarm voltage by trial and error (and I do this) but you should not use as the only trigger to land and expect to have to adjust your alarm voltage a bit if you change the batteries.

Hope this makes sense

Simon

Thanks Simon. That makes sense. The voltage is dropping to 13.6 in flight but when I land it's measuring 14.3 because it's not under load. Perfect. Thank you. So for the sake of preserving the life of my Lipo, stopping when it's 13.6 under load is (I guess) much better than taking it down to 13.6 under no-load. Thanks again.

David