Servo Extension Leads - Amazon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

That's been my experience too Phil. I made the mistake of bulk buying some JR extension leads from eBay a while back, to make up a worthwhile order, given the postage, rather than just the particular prop that I was struggling to find. Never again. They were very inexpensive, but the slightest tug on the cable pulled the wire out of the poorly crimped plugs. All 10 went straight in the bin and when I actually needed some extension leads I just stayed with a known brand from Webbies.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have just done a quick test on various servos I have and they seem fine, nice firm connection but not so much that they are too hard to disconnect. I put the plug of one of them in the vice and gave the cables a firm pull and the crimped connections were fine, no tendency to pull away with quite a firm steady pull.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Cliff Bastow said:

I ordered a pack of these on Thursday with free postage as it was my first order from Amazon. They arrived Friday and on first inspection the quality looks good. I will post again when I have trial fitted them in my Whirlwind build.

Cliff, just be careful you haven't inadvertently signed up for prime, they are know to be somewhat sneaky like that.

You can cancel Prime after ordering and not pay anything for it ( just paying for the goods )- but I think they still let you benefit from free postage for the remaining month!    Uncancelled Prime becomes expensive if it's of no use to you.

Edited by kc

25 minutes ago, kc said:

You can cancel Prime after ordering and not pay anything for it ( just paying for the goods )- but I think they still let you benefit from free postage for the remaining month!    Uncancelled Prime becomes expensive if it's of no use to you.

You can indeed, IF you realise that you've actually signed up!

That might of been the case but it is very straightforward now. The following are their instructions, I've removed the hyperlinks as they appeared to be linked to my own account in the 'Copy & Paste', but they are readily found under 'Your Account' on Amazon. I've had Prime for quite a few years & for the moment find it is worth the cost. 

To cancel your Prime membership, click here or you can follow the easy steps below:

1. Go to Manage your Prime Membership.
  2. Click Manage Membership located at the top of the page, and then End membership and benefits
  3. In the cancellation page, you can click End my benefits or Continue to cancel.

Paid members who haven't used their Amazon Prime benefits, including One-Day Delivery, Prime Video, Music Prime and the Kindle Owners' Lending Library will be eligible for a full refund. Paid members who have used their Amazon Prime benefits may be eligible for a partial refund based on use.

Edited by John Lee
Hyperlinks removed as they may have been linked to my Amazon account

8 hours ago, Andy Stephenson said:

This is why I don't use Amazon any more. They made it very difficult to quit out of prime and claim a refund. I had to watch a youtube vid to work out how to do it.

#Me too!  Talk about round and round the maypole..... it also makes a difference if you are logged onto a foreign Amazon site - I used Amazon.fr once and was 'enlisted' but it didn't show up on Amazon.co.uk.....sneaky B*****ds

I signed up to Prime a couple of years ago and although It's gone up a bit, the amount of time and money on petrol and parking we save rather than messing about searching for household stuff in shops easily pays for itself. Depends on your circumstances and whether you enjoy traipsing around shopping centres - I loathe it!

• Like 3