Hitec or Savox

Hi,
To date I've used Hitec 645mg servos in my larger models (1/3 scale Cub, WW1 Morane etc. ) and had no problems. Chatting with fellow modellers it also appears Savox have many fans so what would be the equivalent as I'd like to give them a go in my latest project. I'm not over enamoured by continually buzzing digital servos in this type of model (but open to to trying them).

High voltage versions would be beneficial as my standard Rx battery packs are 2 x Li-Ion cells.

Over to you Savox fans 

Edited by 2.4g Shaun
Typo

I no longer use the cheap, smaller Hitecs (HS45s, 81s etc) as the quality seems to have dropped off since lower priced competition from HK etc came along. I only use their ball raced servos now, but at the size and price point you are talking about they should still be fine. I have Savox too, but tbh there's nothing between them for me - choose whichever you can find/get a good deal on that have similar performance specs.

All other things being equal, I'd probably go for Savox rather than Hitec for one simple reason. They have an odd number of splines (25), which allows fine adjustment of servo arm positions by rotating them through (nearly but not quite) 180 degrees. Most Hitecs have an even number (24), which I've always thought spoils an otherwise excellent range of servos.

Edited by Gary Manuel