Seagull / Sg Skyraider, 1.60m

Paul De Tourtoulon

Non, it came to a fiery end, a friend 3D printed it I waited 3 weeks and it took him around 2 days to print so I passed this time, sadly this is what is now in, maybe a bit of touch up painting. I took another photo of the pilot,,

Why the engine mouldings are originally  painted black and the valve pushrods white I will never know !.

Skyraider pilot 2-2048.jpg

Sktraider engine,-2048.jpg

Edited by Paul De Tourtoulon
Paint
  • Like 1

Oh silly me,,,I for once read the instructions and started too soon,,

Going back to the control horns, I built the Seagull Messerschmitt BF 109 and only had one receiver channel free for the flaps so I dug out the flap a couple of centimetres so that the control horn lined up with the other side of the servo so that just a Y lead would do the job, lucky for me a friendly club member "donated' a servo reversing module so all is going back on track with a Y lead.

Look at the photo and the plain black wire this is where it should be with a horn lined up with it.

Skyraider flaps-2048.jpg

The instructions are missing a lot so I b***d up the fitting of the two bombs,  ?(more haste less speed ?) still under the wing no one will notice, if you want to know hos they "should" be fitted ask and I will try to tell you,,

all glued with white cockpit glue, it's 41° on my terasse and not much less in the garage so it will dry overnight.

The mark on the orange tape is the Balance point 10cm from the front of the wing, it looks like I wont need any lead ?

Skyraider bombs.jpg

11 / 7 will go !,  11 connectors into my 7 channel receiver, with an afternoons soldering and some heat sink, finished off with my hot glue gun,,,

I use Multiplex  plugs with 6 contacts, one for the battery - another for the + and 3 others for the servo signal wire, a spare for lights  or a bomb drop ?

The engine choke needs finishing and some weighing done, then an engine ground run with and without the engine cowling.

why do I have to use this / for dividing, did  keyboard 'experts' forget to put a proper divide sign in ?.1537097785_skyraidercables-2048.thumb.jpg.8a6353f7248881acb4b21646f39ec4dc.jpg