14SG and R617FS

Peter Goldsmith

Probably a question for Malcom but anyone else might know.  T14SG and R617FS receivers. I have more models as receivers at the moment and to save money can I swap receivers from one model to another, and then use another model setup in the transmitter. Is the set up locked in the transmitter or the receiver, Do I have to bind the receiver for each model or is this a one time operation. As a theoretical  example, if I have only 1 receiver and 4 models and 4 models programed in the transmitter can I swap the receiver from one model to the other without problems.

Thanks   Peter

I can't say I know the Futaba system that well, but I would agree that you could possibly do that but you would have a similar issue that we all had with 35MHz in that you would be able to fly with the wrong model memory activated.

Just read the manual and I now suspect you can't do that as the receiver has to be linked when each new model is created, this would mean you would have to re-link each time you switch models as the receiver would not match the model memory.

To do what you want the transmitter would require a clone type feature which it looks like it does not have - I stand to be corrected by a T14SG user of course.

Peter

Pushing and pulling connections from a circuit board repeatedly, could damage them

Or leave connector pins slack

Other makes have model match, which would prevent you using the bind code twice

But by binding the receiver would then follow the tx chosen model instructions

It is really not recommended to do as you suggest 

Edited by Denis Watkins
Spelling

Thanks for replies, but as I said, that was only theoretical, actual situation is, I have a model that is not used but has the receiver mounted and programed into transmitter, if I now put this receiver into a new model would I have to rebind it or can I just program a new model in the transmitter?

As far as I am aware the 617 and 14sg doesn't have model match, so yes you could, but reading the 617 instructions failsafe is set by pushing the button on the Rx for between 1 and 2 seconds, holding the button more than 2 seconds sets the failsafe (throttle only) and links the Rx, so it would be best to do this.