Top Model Flip - settings?

Has anyone flown the Top Model Flip aerobatic slope soarer?

Can I ask what C of G setting you use. I have flown mine once and the recommended setting seems way forward. Obviously, I can move it back but I just wondered what anyone else uses.

Also, regarding brakes for landing. The instructions say ailerons up 17mm with 1.5mm down elevator to compensate. Does this work?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

I would set landing brakes as per the manufacturers recommended settings but try it out at height, NOT on a landing. That will give you a good indication of any refinements to the settings that may be required. And if it all goes horribly wrong at height, then you have time to put the brakes away and land without them. Make sure that at 17mm aileron movement that you will still have extra movement to control roll. 

• 9 months later...

Only my second time out with the Flip in a couple years thanks to Covid/riots/floods so most relieved to get this treat bit of perfect weather at my fave venue. ?

The only tweak I recall from the original setting was previously reducing the all moving tail travel a fair bit, the CG seemed fine as set. The aerie such sweetie to land that I just flew straight in and flared, so yet to explore the braking further.

Camera man Russ Conradt filming very shortly after launch so more of a de-rust unwind than any science but wot a sweetie - wind the sound up, nice to have the plane noise totally outdoing the wind noise. ?

Edited by Dave Greer
spelling