Open Weekend 28-29th August Don Valley MFC Bentley Moor lane, Carcroft Doncaster. DN6 7BD.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What a beautiful day it was today at the DVMFC.

The field was billiard smooth and everything well organised as usual.

Many thanks to all and particularly to John S who volunteed to help me find & retrieve a model from an almost impossible location with brambles galore. We both ended up with 'war wounds' to show for it!

Whats more he later did it again with me but this time in a rather gentler location.

Many thanks again to all and for returning the jumper I left begind last time I was there!

• Like 2

I'm happy with the new and unused SC91FS that I bought for £70 from the same gentleman. There is a little corrosion on some of the head bolts so I pulled off the cam cover and rocker cover to check the internal condition. The cams and bearings look ok but there was some surface corrosion on the rocker arms and it was bone-dry inside. A little cleaning and a few quirts of after-run oil and it feels ok now.

Probably worth a check over of your Saito, John, if it was stored in the same location.

Also, thanks again to the guys and gals at Don Valley for a good day out ?

• Like 1