Gyroo!...an autogyro for under £25?

Richard Harris

Nice video, Was hoping for a plan pretty soon but started on the Panther instead. Iam build the Panther from a plan issued a few years ago and was wondering if their is a update regarding the blades or should i stick to the original sizes on the plan. Don't want to hijack this thread so should i start and put my questions on the original Panther discussion. Best regards Glen.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/08/2021 at 09:16, bees said:

Nice video, Was hoping for a plan pretty soon but started on the Panther instead. Iam build the Panther from a plan issued a few years ago and was wondering if their is a update regarding the blades or should i stick to the original sizes on the plan. Don't want to hijack this thread so should i start and put my questions on the original Panther discussion. Best regards Glen.

Glen,

Sorry for the delayed reply, have been on holiday.

There is no update on the plan blades as they were fully tested over many models before the plan was submitted. Stick with with the blade info shown on the plan ?

Rich

Steve,

Great job! I appreciate you  taking the time to knock one up, even more so for capturing some flight footage. You were certainly enjoying yourself for the camera man to say his arm was aching and asked for you to land ?

I am guessing the 650mm blade length you mentioned  is a typo error as mine is flying on 500mm blades, yours looks a little faster in the air.

Did everything go together ok and where did your CG end up if you take a measurement from the front of the mast at the fuselage joint?

I think we are a go with this ?

Chuffed

Rich

On 04/09/2021 at 21:19, Steve Colman said:

Excellent flying Steve!

I've got to build myself one of these.

Hi Steve Colman,

It is a easy model to put together and being modular you can quickly bolt in a replacement part should you break it whilst learning.

So it would be a good idea to make and take a few spare parts with you. Like a spare boom, Tailplane fin, Rotor shaft.

Steve.

2 hours ago, Richard Harris said:

Steve,

Great job! I appreciate you  taking the time to knock one up, even more so for capturing some flight footage. You were certainly enjoying yourself for the camera man to say his arm was aching and asked for you to land ?

I am guessing the 650mm blade length you mentioned  is a typo error as mine is flying on 500mm blades, yours looks a little faster in the air.

Did everything go together ok and where did your CG end up if you take a measurement from the front of the mast at the fuselage joint?

Chuffed

Rich

Hi Richard,

No typo My blades are 650mm long and 55mm wide.

I made these blades for a different model which I have not got around to yet. So they where spare and to hand.

I flew the Gyroo again today in much calmer weather conditions and could fly it much slower than in the video above.

Please bare in mind That video above is really it`s 1st flight as prior to that I took off and landed as I needed to adjust the trimming and it was a bit windy.

The Cog worked out the be in the same spot as you have indicated.  

So all in all it flew 1st time with no real adjustments needed.

Oh I did change P4 to be just one part that slides over P1 which of coarse needed a slot cutting into it.

I may make some longer blades to try .

Cheers Steve.

23 hours ago, Richard Harris said:

Steve,

Chuffed

Rich

0hppps ,

Just re checked my Blades are only 450mm x 55mm I knew they where shorter than yours but why was i convinced they are 650 long.

So yes I will still try some longer blades but they will be %00mm long this time around I will edit the Info on my Video to correct this.

Sorry for the confusion.

Steve :classic_unsure:

5 hours ago, MattyB said:

It does seem to fly very well in the hands of all you experienced gyristas... ? Any ETA on the plan publication yet? Might this be available in the next few months redy for the UK "building season"?

Matty,

Now I have pretty much all of the feedback I will get on it, should be submitted by the end of the month all being well.

Rich

• Like 3

16 hours ago, bees said:

Hi, Found this in my junk box from some gearbox. would this be suitable for my Panther using a collet to secure the plate. Thank you.20210912_145744.thumb.jpg.dd52f9e8faf0093e6e3363ddec78c372.jpg

Maybe OK to use though I much prefer the aluminium Irivine units that are getting harder to find.

However, I did design a home made rotor spindle specifically for the Panther, I think the drawings were published in the second part of the build. At the time SLEC were producing a parts kit for the rotor spindle, the info will be found in the Panther thread.

Hi, Seems like i can only get the same for my roll which is about 10/15 degrees will this also be enough. I have used standard size MG servos 

but they do not allow a lot of movement but i have just used a spare HS 81 mg for the rudder and have got a lot more movement. Thank you for any assistance.

6 hours ago, Chris Dowell said:

I can now tell Steve why the model is not able to be disassembled .The hidden carbon shaft's in the boom and mast 'should " handle any prangs' ?..we that's my theory.....could be wrong.?

Chris...

DSC02238.JPG

Well I guess that is ok then.

I did not exactly stick  to the plan I used shorter blades and made P4 as one part that slides over P1. ?

Steve.