Retract battery wiring harness... bizarre behaviour

I have a conundrum that I'm puzzling over... I've built a wiring harness to power the retracts on a model using a separate battery.  No problem with that, I have done it many times before; it's just a Y lead with the red wire cut where it goes into the receiver, and then a new power lead spliced in.  It's good practice, and in this particular case, necessary: I'm using 120 size Eflite retracts and the voltage drop when they operate is enough that they don't always operate reliably without the dedicated power supply.

OK so far.

The harness works as expected using a servo tester. 

The harness works as expected using a Spektrum AR610 receiver.

However.... when plugged into the AR8010T in the model something very odd happens.  The retracts work WITHOUT the separate battery being connected.  I've checked with a servo plugged in instead of the retracts, and that operates too... I didn't just cut the red wire where it goes into the receiver, I removed a section about 1cm long.   

Somehow the A8010T is getting power into the servo, and enough power for it to operate reliably.  

I've been doing hobby electronics since I was about 14 and pride myself on soldering neatly, but I will still go and check this harness over again thoroughly... meanwhile I wondered if anyone else had encountered this.  I've got a couple of theories involving inductance as to what might be happening, but I'm struggling to see how any of them can result in enough direct current for the servo to operate!  I'll try a fizz ring just in case, but I can't see how it can be that.

I'm fairly sure plugging the additional power supply in won't cause an issue - that red wire is cut, after all!

I'm sure there is a logical explanation, but it's a curiosity.

Simon

AHHHH

problem solved

The act of explaining to someone else usually does it, and the penny just dropped

There is another harness involved as well, using multiplex plugs to reduce the number of connections to the wings, and that's where it's getting the power.  Grr, ignore me, I shall now go away and sort out the job properly.

• Thanks 1