Chris Foss dealers outside the UK

Hi, 

I am trying to find Chris Foss dealers outside the UK.  I'm thinking of getting a Phase 6, but postage from the UK is silly expensive.  On Chris Foss's website there is no mention anywhere, and no email address to contact.  Only a phone/fax number that I've tried several times, without success.

Can anybody help, please?

I would suggest you try Steve Webb/Servo Shop who stock the Phase 6 and ask them the cost of shipping to your area.   Also ask them the cost of 2 kits postage - might not be much more - and consider selling on the other kit to recoup some shipping cost.    Or of course add some other item that is available in UK but not in your area.

13 hours ago, kc said:

I would suggest you try Steve Webb/Servo Shop who stock the Phase 6 and ask them the cost of shipping to your area.   Also ask them the cost of 2 kits postage - might not be much more - and consider selling on the other kit to recoup some shipping cost.    Or of course add some other item that is available in UK but not in your area.

Did that.  They only ship by courier, which makes shipping more expensive than the kit(s).

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Rene Wallage said:

As I wrote before, there's no email on his contact page, and I tried sending a fax several times, but the phone number never picks up. 

I remember phoning him years ago. If I remember correctly, he described his business premises as a "computer-free zone." I suspect that he's retired these days but I do not know that for a fact.

Are fax's still even a thing??

Seriously though, from what little I know, Chris is still operating, but I guess only on a part time basis. Doesn't explain why no response to emails, though.

WRT sourcing a kit, try Sussex Model Centre - I know they'll send stuff pretty much anywhere, but obviously price may become an issue.

You wouldn't think it would be difficult, would you, although I do recall that the engineering company I worked for wouldn't (couldn't) export to Israel for political reasons - although that was a while ago, and the situation may have been resolved.

Kim

I would be tempted to speak to Sussex Model Centre. They are geographically close to, and on speaking terms to Chris Foss, and help each other.

Reality is, the kit business is small nowadays, and Mr Foss, is not going to personally export a kit to Israel.

Sussex Model Centre, are helpful. Used to shipping international stuff. If the price they quote is not acceptable, it’s not going to happen via commercial sources.

Then the quest is, who do you know who travels between the UK, and Israel.

I fairly recently sent a large (rare) plastic kit model to a modeller/collector in Israel.

It was fraught with difficulty in finding a courier who would accept and handle the shipment.

It was expensive as others have stated and required a full postal address for delivery as no one would deliver to a P.O. Box number.

What really ticked me of was, only one shop would ship to me, at 160 Pounds.  I know the size and weight of the parcel. It's 4cm too big to use regulare UK Parcel Post.   I've checked various courier services.  As a private individual, prices range from 55 to 145 Pounds.  Not 160.  And if you have a contract with a courier service, you get discounts.

Right, getting of my soapbox now.