Foam Safe CA Glues

I'm just about to buy some CA foam safe glue.

After my fruitless request for info on Titan Wild Russian glue(- seems impossible on this side of Easteren Europe to source?! ), I see that there's one from BSI (Bob Smith Industries).  However, before I buy, I wonder what go-to CA foam safe glues you all use? 

Any advice appreciated, thanks.

Zap-O was always my favourite and performs very well. My one criticism is that once it is opened it does tend to go hard in the bottle in a few months,

https://www.marionvillemodels.com/products/zap-odourless-foam-safe-ca-0-7-oz-20g?variant=21193700102&currency=GBP&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gclid=CjwKCAjwgb6IBhAREiwAgMYKRoNUP-98zaXQX6z_LxGGurA_3xqvWjJkhA9HBhdyLYlLfW2gglkASBoCLyIQAvD_BwE

Deluxe Material Rocket Odourless also works well and seems to have a longer shelf life once opened.

https://deluxematerials.co.uk/collections/cyanoacrylates/products/roket-odourless

Thanks so far for the replies!  Trevor, how does Logic compare with the others?  Presumably equally good?

Leccy and all, regarding a piece of advice that I came across a long time ago, advised that storing CA glues in the freezer prolonged their life indefinitely.  I just remembered that I have some that I stored 5 years ago(!), took it out, and it still is working perfectly!  I think that this may work with opened bottles- may be worth trying, for the CAs that you don't use too often?

I have used Element Essentials superglue on foam and it seems to work well, available from Element Games, about £4 for a 20g bottle. I suppose it will also depend on the type of foam too. Available in thick, medium and thin grades.

Edited by Shaun Walsh

2 hours ago, Tosh McCaber said:

Thanks so far for the replies!  Trevor, how does Logic compare with the others?  Presumably equally good?

Leccy and all, regarding a piece of advice that I came across a long time ago, advised that storing CA glues in the freezer prolonged their life indefinitely.  I just remembered that I have some that I stored 5 years ago(!), took it out, and it still is working perfectly!  I think that this may work with opened bottles- may be worth trying, for the CAs that you don't use too often?

I'd heard that too and I store my CA in one of those little minifridges in the workshop. You just have to remember to take it out a while before you need to use it, or it becomes quite high viscosity. I use foam safe CA for most superglue jobs, since I can't really use ordinary CA too much as I get quite severe eyes, nose and chest reaction to them. Repairing my Seagull PC9 this weekend was only really possible with thin CA, as it was mostly piecing back shattered fragments, so it was a case of clamp the bits, hit it with the CA then leg it, leaving the workshop doors open and only going back 20 minutes later. Repairs are complete now, so it's fingers crossed.

2 hours ago, leccyflyer said:

I'd heard that too and I store my CA in one of those little minifridges in the workshop. You just have to remember to take it out a while before you need to use it, or it becomes quite high viscosity. I use foam safe CA for most superglue jobs, since I can't really use ordinary CA too much as I get quite severe eyes, nose and chest reaction to them. Repairing my Seagull PC9 this weekend was only really possible with thin CA, as it was mostly piecing back shattered fragments, so it was a case of clamp the bits, hit it with the CA then leg it, leaving the workshop doors open and only going back 20 minutes later. Repairs are complete now, so it's fingers crossed.

Glad things went well with the PC9 Leccy- see you (and it!) on the field!

• Like 1

Just by chance, I thought that I would try out my oft used Howdens/Screwfix MitreBond CA on a couple of scrap pieces of Depron (well- actually- the go-to B&Q substitute, their EPS substitute, which all our club members use- Depron being unavailable!)  I couldn't believe it- the MitreBond worked perfectly, in seconds, with or without it's accellerator!  Tryingn  to pull the samples apart tore the EPS, rater than thejoint.  I left the CA lying on the EPS for a few minutes to check for reaction- it actually set on the surface, with no degradation.  Same thing with the accelerator.

And, at £5.50 for 50g, it's a steal for any type of CA!  Used by the Joinery Trade!

• Like 1

An update.  I have managed to get a chunk of regular expanded plystyrene, and gave it the CA test with the Mitrebond.  Oops- the Mitrebond is not compatible with this regular (soft) stuff, used commonly for foam wing cores etc.  However, I'm still very pleased that it works with my go to B&Q EPS substitute for Depron!