Turbine for sale, one careful owner

Jon H

Scorched fence perhaps ? :classic_laugh:

Talk about noise though, in around 1970 those of us living on the Strumble head peninsula Pembrokeshire had the dubious pleasure of being subjected to Concorde noise tests. Equipment was set up to measure the level of sonic double boom over land. We were not that unused to sonic booms as RNAS Hunters would do them over the Irish sea

However Concorde was much louder, everything shook even your insides as well as everything around you.

It did on one occasion pass at medium altitude with all four Olympus in afterburner.  What a racket and it went on and on and on for ages, at least with the boom boom it was done and dusted.

7 hours ago, Robert Cracknell said:

Just about to bid when I saw that BA's conditions insist on static display only. Shucks, I had the model nearly ready...!

I dont see how they can enforce that. Once you own it its yours and you can do what you want with it.

I'd imagine lots of the components are near end of life. Maybe you get the run time records for it but probably not, so you don't know how long it will be usable.

Also Concorde used a military use design altered for commercial ops, might affect matters legally, bit unlikely with something this old but you never know, governments get funny about these kind of toys, they come with lots of restrictions, maybe BA & Air France were the only licensed operators and then only for use within the Concorde airframe for particularly types of flight and/or routes.

6 minutes ago, Robert Cracknell said:

I suppose it's a matter of definition. Statc means it must not move. It can run and still be in the same spot...!!!

I guess it can be running and still static...unless you forget to really tie it down!