Motor stand offs

I have purchased a Phoenix Models Sebach 1.45mm model,and i intend to powered with an electric motoe rather than glow which I think this model is for.They say it can be also powered by an electric motor but the fittings for this are inadequate.

I needmotor stand offs of approx 10cms. Where can I purcase these as the longest I have found so far are only 8cms in length.

3 hours ago, Tim Ballinger said:

Try 4-maxStand-offs . Anything up to 15 cm by the look of it.

Tim

As the 100mm ones are out of stock currently, bear in mind that you can't cut these down as they are not hollow/threaded through the entire length (I made that mistake).

How about something like this?

Ply motor mount

Not sure about the length but a quick call should sort that out.

Alternatively buy some M3 threaded rod, some M3 nyloc nuts and some 3.5mm or 4mm  i.d carbon fibre or aluminium tube. Cut 4 tubes to 100mm, slide tube over threaded rods and mount one end to firewall and the other to the cruciform motor mount or indirectly via a ply plate with the nyloc nuts

Robert's your father's brother!

23 hours ago, Robert Putley 1 said:

I have purchased a Phoenix Models Sebach 1.45mm model,and i intend to powered with an electric motoe rather than glow which I think this model is for.They say it can be also powered by an electric motor but the fittings for this are inadequate.

I needmotor stand offs of approx 10cms. Where can I purcase these as the longest I have found so far are only 8cms in length.

I use threaded rod and the appropriate ID aluminium tube as spacers, both are straight from the metals aisle at B &Q.IMG_3307.thumb.JPG.a6e5ecd891a11fbcdb563f6dca87ed32.JPGIMG_3315.thumb.JPG.cc1bdeaf60b029060fffb643935cadc3.JPG

• Like 1

Indeed one of the joys of using the threaded rods and aluminium tubes is that side and downthrust can very easily be set with a different number of washers between the motor mount and the standoff. The way I do it uses two radial mounts, but you could get by with using ply plates, which I've also used in the past.

I use a similar system but using washers rather than a second motor mount (but I may well copy that idea!).  It's just necessary to offset the firewall end to the left a touch so that any right thrust gets the prop into the centre, which it looks as though you've done, Leccy.

Geoff