HOUND DOG build

Well the lockdown and lack of flying seemed to crush my inspiration.  I did a few small designs one of which was a resurrected old design.

I built a kit but that is not much fun as I keep thinking "I wouldn't have done it that way"

At last in desperation I did a bit of doodling and came up with a bit of a mongrel design which should be very nice  so this is the build blog for that.

The model is electric powered.50" span

HD1.thumb.JPG.f2db2726ed6c672361a49b1a5fc20b49.JPG

This is a set of parts cut out.

HD2.thumb.JPG.0833305e85b67434c8a627a1fc39d73e.JPG

The basic fuselage assembled.

Below is tje basic wing.It follows my standard wing construction and is built pinned down until the top leading edge is sheeted. It is cockeyed here but was  pinned down to leave the under side of the leading edge over hanging the building board so I could pins in under the leading edge

HD3.thumb.JPG.15f64cdf56a354b72186418011d5ad72.JPG

HD8.JPG

DSCF4851.JPG

DSCF4856.JPG

HD4.JPG

DSCF4855.JPG

HD9.JPG

HD6.JPG

HD5.JPG

HD1.JPG

• Like 2

Sorry, I haven't mastered just putting one picture up at a time with the new set up.

The pictures show The right wing completed up to sheeting the top of the leading edge.  Then muilding the second wing leaving the root rib loose.

The wings are then joined with th tip of the completed wing propped up 2" and the root rib glued on and clamped .

THis ensures a perfect joint at the root.  This is my standard method and works.

I will not go into details of someone who did not read the instructions on a similar model apartfrom to say that it is still mentioned in the club.

This design does seem to be just right - good size, electric with fuselage mounted u/c, solid balsa tail surfaces, servos out in the wings ( no bellcranks or torque rods) -  all very practical.   And it looks like a practical type of wheel fairings too.   Just the job......

On 14/08/2021 at 09:01, Peter Miller said:

Sorry, I haven't mastered just putting one picture up at a time with the new set up.

I have been experimenting. I assume you select the pictures and paste them below the text.

If so then either use choose files... or drag them into the area with the paper clip. The files will be uploaded but not placed in the text area.

Type some text ending with a return for a new line.

Left click the picture and it will be placed where the cursor was. Now the cursor is to the right of the added picture, it's not obvious. A couple of returns to create a gap then left click the next picture. And repeat.

Hope this helps.

Hmm I like the battery hatch! You are giving me ideas for The Ohmen build. ?

Yes yet again you have got me thinking. Which is good as that adds to the interest and the cogs turning.

It looks like you are going for ply plate wing servo mounting. Which I also like. ? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...