2021 Lidl Glider V2

Hi,

So we now have the new version of the Lidl Glider and I hear they maybe in the Lidl stores again soon. Shush

Also the Old Mk1 Lidl XL glider is rumoured to be sold in Aldi soon  shush

So I may of bought one or two of the new version of Lidl Glider.

large.893723014_NewLidlGliders.jpg.7d2ff7629c176bd4d282213d54ad7270.jpg

So the new version has some improvement over the old XL version.

The body is thicker. Better for Radio gear.

The wings are better. For radio controlled flight.

So I have converted one the same way as I did on the old XL version using Pitcherons so I can test out if the improvements are better or not.

So here is my Build Video.

I have a lot of pictures of the build for this and the Autogyro I have done if anyone would like a more detailed build log.

Steve.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I liked the video, I have often wondered about the how to, and throws of pitcherons. Now I know. Thank you.
My flying field is on top of a slope, square on to a common wind direction. Deadly field if you don’t have reliable engine runs, as a cut results in a loss of sight before it’s down. But I think it will generate a bit of lift, and I’ve got one of the kits and some tiny lightweight radio.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been waiting a very long time for the wind direction to shift finally we get a westerly and a bit too strong.

But I guess I have to work with what we get and It was way too strong by the time I got to the top of the hill where I normally fly my gliders.

So in a desperation to get a maiden done I decided to try lower down the hill where theirs is not much of a landing area.

This version of the Lidl Glider flies very well I did not have to alter any of my setting on the Glider I was even greeted by a Eagle.

So here is that Video,

I hope for better weather soon where I can do a comparison between both the old and new Version of the Lidl Glider.

Steve. 

• Like 1