First flight with a "Flight Controller" and it saved me

Dom (Essential RC)

When fixed wing FPV flying no doubt for me that installing a Flight Controller is a must-have. If only for the 'return to home' feature which mitigates loss of the FPV video feed while you are flying BUT you get so much more including in googles telemetry data and other cool features such as assisted launch, auto trim, maintain altitude and loiter. This was my first flight with the Matek 765 with some very nice chase footage.

Note on this flight I did get disoriented and lost...the on screen return to home vector arrow and 'return to home' feature my it zero stress.

Edited by Dom (Essential RC)

"It's aeromodelling Jim, but not as we know it." Nothing better to do for a few moments while some glue sets, so I actually wasted ten minutes and several hundred heartbeats or so on this 'cool' video.

I couldn't really care less, but was that sequence around 7.00 low and behind the tree line still within VLOS? I suppose it must have been to remain a legal flight.