.8 ply

Balsa Cabin have .8 at 11.95 for a 1ft by 4ft piece, so that's about 100 pound for 8 x4ft.    the .4 is much dearer and near 200 pounds sheet.

Depends what you want it for but I recall Mick Reeves Models had some substitute called ProSkin made from epoxy glass  for sheeting models.   Worth a look?

Edited by kc

Pro skin is what Mick sells, .4 and.8 mm epoxy sheet. Very good. Certainly strong, way stronger than ply, but without most of the directional imbalance that 3  ply gives. It still has a grain however.
But I don’t know what the application is. The directional imbalance might be needed.

James Latham Ltd--- But from my joinery days, aircraft ply wood ( as it was often listed under) used to come in 1.500 * 1.500 sheets. I never recall getting sheets 8ft * 4ft

I used to buy a pack of 30-40 sheets at a time, for laminating in curved stair strings. But that was 25 years ago. Things may have moved on a little since.

I see that Chiltern plywood show it at £37-00 per sheet?

Chiltern plywood

Loads of other suppliers if you google "aircraft plywood" James latham have a number of branches  these days so you may well be able to collect. They used to deliver all sorts of timber & ply to me

Edited by Sam Longley