Transmitter Voice Prompts

cymaz

13 hours ago, flight1 said:

what tx you using this for?

There are very few radios that allow custom sound options/additions - obviously the open source radios (OpenTX and erSkyTX based), Frsky ETHOS (and the now end of life FrOS) and Jeti are the main ones. I imagine the Powerbox Core does too given the price tag! 

15 hours ago, cymaz said:

Just used this website. It enables you to write  commands, listen to them and then download to your computer. I has various sound formats and voices. Very easy to use.

It was free to use.

https://www.anywaysoft.com/text-to-voice/download.html

There is also OpenTX Speaker and OpenTX Recorder that do a similar job….

https://www.open-tx.org/2014/03/15/opentx-speaker

https://www.open-tx.org/2014/03/21/opentx-recorder

16 hours ago, cymaz said:

Just used this website. It enables you to write  commands, listen to them and then download to your computer. I has various sound formats and voices. Very easy to use.

It was free to use.

https://www.anywaysoft.com/text-to-voice/download.html

Is that the correct link?

I may be missing something, but I can't find anywhere to paste the text for it to do anything and nor can I find anything to download to my device.

Dick

I use  TTSAutomate ( on OpenTX). Available HERE.

Easy to use. Lots of voices to choose from - including British English. FREE.

Here's a screenshot of the setup screen showing some of the phrases used to create the System and custom voices.

Note Hello says my name rather than "Welcome to Open TX" etc.

Adding full stop, exclamation marks and question marks affect the sound of the spoken words to suit your liking.

554393041_23-08-202111-39-07.thumb.jpg.1347153b731808d490005ad79160f0f6.jpg

Edited by Gary Manuel
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dickw said:

Is that the correct link?

I may be missing something, but I can't find anywhere to paste the text for it to do anything and nor can I find anything to download to my device.

Dick

Will do a screen shot tonight, if I remember

back to topic , like above post  I use TTSautomate as well works fine and free. To make it work in the settings (for Horus/taranis) set  the file name to 6 characters tick the box to encode mp3 to wave, sample rate to 16000Hz and bits to 16. (you only need the wave file)

you can also set the voice to Amy British English .

The link to download TTSAUTOMATE           ..........scroll down and install @instaler version) only pay if you want to 

Edited by flight1

13 minutes ago, flight1 said:

back to topic , like above post  I use TTSautomate as well works fine and free. To make it work in the settings (for Horus/taranis) set  the file name to 6 characters tick the box to encode mp3 to wave, sample rate to 16000Hz and bits to 16. (you only need the wave file)

you can also set the voice to Amy British English .

System sounds have reserved names, some of which are over 6 characters and should not be changed. The red boxes in the screen capture above are warnings that the filename is over 6 characters long, but should be ignored for system file names. As you say, custom sounds must be 6 characters or less.

Here's my settings screen.

1894595468_23-08-202112-44-46.jpg.ab10c5d5ecd2769853086b88da828b2c.jpg

Edited by Gary Manuel

25 minutes ago, cymaz said:

Will do a screen shot tonight, if I remember

No real need as I use alternatives, and was just curious, but your link just takes me to a website which doesn't seem to do anything (see attached screen shot). It's the same in Win10/Firefox and Android/Chrome, so i just wondered why?

Dick

AnywaySoft.jpg

5 hours ago, Dickw said:

No real need as I use alternatives, and was just curious, but your link just takes me to a website which doesn't seem to do anything (see attached screen shot). It's the same in Win10/Firefox and Android/Chrome, so i just wondered why?

Dick

AnywaySoft.jpg

That’s it....no idea why you can’t download it.  The download was fine on my laptop