Weston Park Sept 2021

Zflyer

I visited the show on Sunday not having booked on line I paid £20.

I don't know what the previous days were like or whether stall holders left on Saturday evening but I was dismayed to see the lack of traders. Those that were there clearly had bought smaller pitches.

I did hear one stall holder saying that shipping a container cost £15K so they had to make sure they had a full container to make it worth while ordering and cost were obviously passed on to the customer. That probably explains the paucity of goods/items for sale.

The swap meet items, I imagine most bargains had gone earlier, i thought seemed rather pricey. No doubt a reflection on the upwards trend in prices for new gear.

There didn't seem to be that many people about, though I did get there before 10 and left shortly after 11. Unimpressed.

Not impressed, Hope its just a glitch and things return to normal in 2022

8 minutes ago, Zflyer said:

There didn't seem to be that many people about, though I did get there before 10 and left shortly after 11.

Saturday was packed Zflyer, with on-site claims of the biggest attendance day ever.

You could clearly see the flight line viewing public 5 and 6 rows deep from the fence, thinning out futher back.

The rest you know, with the trade at Much Marcle

I went Friday, it was cool & drizzling and quiet. Limited Trade stands as expected but some very good flying. Some Club Mates went Saturday when it was busy and a marked improvement in the weather. They stayed through to the night show. 

Friday Morning:

image.thumb.png.71ba001f0db4b09dbc12ae30709c4f40.pngSaturday Morning (Photo courtesy John B):

image.thumb.png.c3b1e296eb4d55bbdbdbf3511e5d5a41.png

I went on Saturday , pre booked . They said it was the biggest crowd ever , but there were no cars parked up on the hill as there has been in the past  so ?????

the publicity was poor , nothing much on the website to let you know what was going to happen  apart from the ticket price!  very little trade , and I agree , swap meet prices were on the high side for what I was after !

on the good side there was plenty of room to watch the show without being "crowded"   due to the lack of flight line trade tents , This aspect of the bigger viewing area should be adopted for the future with the trade well away ( but much more trade required) , I managed to spend £7.00, the lowest ever for me in the 25 years it has been going .

I did enjoy the full size aeros whoever they were !!   

In the end I had to choose between Weston & the LMA show at Marcle. No brainier for me as it is my local club . Entrance was £10 for non members . Trade stands while reduced were better than expected I even managed to find a 4S LiPo I needed. The flying display put on by the LMA was as ever superb , just love those big planes and , for me, the Vulcan is still the most magnificent site at a model show. Helped by the perfect weather.

Think I made the right choice but I would have done both if the dates had not clashed….

Tim

On 06/09/2021 at 17:13, Stuphedd said:

some of us are far too old for facebook !! booking on line was about as far as I go , and in fact my mate did it for me !! 

Facebook is not just about self absorbed people publicising themselves or their weird view of the world. FB is an excellent resource for all sorts of things and for myself has opened up a whole lot of otherwise unknown information about my father's wartime experience as a FEPOW from a chap in Australia who has been collecting and putting into a database, army records etc.

FB sometimes gets a bad press and quite rightly so for certain things, but there's a lot of good stuff and good people on there as well.

Well said and a good view, i use it for accessing all sorts of information and groups but am Billie no mates on there, i think people get a bit put out when i don`t respond to their friend requests as i don`t want to get into the personal side of facebook. One of the most annoying things to have happened to me in the last few months was a long standing friend giving me a `poke` on facebook as i hadn`t responded to an email she sent ?