Taranis X9D+ announcements volume

Allan Bennett

Yesterday when flying it occurred to me that my voice announcements were a bit loud, but I was unable to modify them using the assigned S1 knob.  In OTX Special Functions I've got a line "ON  Volume  S1" with the right-hand side 'ON' box ticked.  In OTX Inputs I've got a line "I5:Vol   S1 Weight(+100%)".  S1 is not mentioned in Mixes or Outputs.  I could have sworn that it used to work, but . . . . .

Any ideas please?

Allan.

If you add the following into the "Radio Settings" / "Global Functions", it will apply the volume control to all models. There is no need to add a Special Function to each model memory or indeed to add an Input line. My volume control is on Horus S2. If you want it on S1, just change the parameter column to S1.

Oh - one thing worth mentioning. The volume control does not work on the hello message ("Welcome to Taranis" or whatever yours says), presumably because this occurs before the global functions are loaded during the start-up process.

image.png.a64f4710bb029ddde3247ef7720347ea.png

Edited by Gary Manuel
"Hello" caveat added.

Allan.

There's nothing wrong with your present setup if it's as you've described it. The I5 line isn't doing anything useful though and can be deleted.

Using Global Functions rather than Special Functions is just an alternative way of controlling the volume which applies to all models rather than just one. It probably wont make any difference but might be worth a try.

Another suggestion. Is it possible that you have recently recalibrated your transmitter and forgot to calibrate S1? This might result in a fixed value from S1 rather than a variable value when the knob is turned.

Does your Taranis transmitter screen show "sliders" as the Horus does? These show the current position of the rear sliders and rotary knobs.

Turning S2 results in the bottom right slider moving (S1 = bottom left). With the global function for volume set up it also changes the number of bars on the volume symbol in the red bar at the top of the screen (above the battery voltage). This confirms whether S2 is working or not and that the volume is changing.

If you don't have visible sliders, try assigning the rotary switch to a mix / output and observe what happens on the channel monitor. This should also confirm whether S2 is working on not. Note - replace S1 for all my references to S2 if that's the knob you are using.

image.png.57628aea7f6e209180d3738d6060c66e.png

Sliders display turned on and off here (on the Horus):

image.png.6d2f8ff5d95538f28c31eeac7e35d511.png

Edited by Gary Manuel