multiplex cockpit sx 12 radio

stephen hart 3

Hi Help please.

i have the SX  12 radio and i am trying to connect my steering servo to my rudder, the only problem is that i have have a v tail model.

I can get it too work, but when i move the elevator control up the steering goes to the right,down and the steering goes to the left.

i just would like to couple to the rudder.

any help very welcome.

many thank Steve Hart

You do not have one “steering”’ servo on a v-tail. You have two servos, one connected to the LH of the V, the other the right. You then setup the v tail mixer to give you elevator (I.e both sides moving up or down together) and rudder (each side moving in the opposite direction to each other i.e. for left rudder the LH V moves down and the RH moves up). This is achieved using mixing of controls within the TX; yours does have a dedicated v tail mixer especially for this purpose, but you could also use the free mixers too if you wish.

Have you enabled the v tail mix in your transmitter? If not you need to do that, but if you have it just sounds like sounds like your mixer signs are the wrong way round for one or both controls. I’d normally direct you to the instructions but tbh they don’t look terribly helpful (typical Mpx, great kit in general but pretty average manuals). Just go into the mixer menu, (Σ symbol), select V tail and play with it til things start to work - eventually by playing with the mixer signs all should hopefully become clear!

Edited by MattyB

Friend has got a Cockpit Sx, MPX have made it easy to set up a V tail (or elevon mixer), just select V-tail as the tail plane type and in the set up you just cycle through the 8 options until the V tail surfaces move as they should, job done.

If you wanted a separate steering control for say nose leg or tail wheel steering I don't think you can separately assign rudder control to another servo (but check it might allow this), but what you can do is use a control mix and using the overwrite option switch control of a servo channel to the rudder stick, so then the rudder stick would control the V-tail surfaces and also the wheel steering servo.

• Like 1