What glue for laminating film?

Allan Bennett

• 1 month later...

Have you cleaned the fiberglass thoroughly ? The release agent ,if its a bought molding will need removing and then a gaining over with a scouring pad( green whinging up type will do) . If its fiber glass that you have applied then a good flat sanded surface is usually all that's needed. A coat of Solarfilms Clearcoat, if you can locate some, will also vastly increase the bond strength. Solarfilm still sell it apparently but won't post ? You can collect orarrange you own carrier.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I've tried Balsaloc, but no joy.  The fibreglass in question is a home-made exhaust nozzle for an EDF which was throughly washed with soap and water to remove bonding agents, and then rubbed with a sander.   The main part of the exhaust duct is a rolled, tapered, tube made of laminating pouch.  It's anchored (I hope!) to the EDF with silicone sealant, and fits snuggly in the fibreglass nozzle at the other end.  The lack of adhesion to the nozzle doesn't seem to be causing any problem in bench testing, so I haven't explored any other adhesives.