Woodspring Wings model show

Child_flyer and I went on Sat. It was smaller than before, in display models, trade, swap meet and punters. Still plenty there to make a day of it. It was really quite windy, so as newish flyers it was interesting to see how the smaller models coped. The Dawn Patrol paused stationary over the runway, not quite flying backwards. A glider tow went out at the usual shallow climb attitude, but got something like 200ft by the end of the runway!  The show is not far for us, and adults are only £10, so still a very good day out. We went partly because I wanted to support it to be able to come back properly next year, but being there I had missed shows more than I had thought.

An enjoyable Saturday spent watching some very skilful flying of a variety of model types. The very large jet powered DH Vampire was sublime in the air, but was just pimped by the full sized clipped wing Spitfire. Haven’t been to a model flying show before so nothing to compare it with, just good to be out amongst enthusiasts in our challenging times. Had hoped for a few more trader’s stands to pick up some needed bits ‘n’ bobs, instead of internet buying, but understandable that it’s a tight call for them. Thumbs up for Model Technics though who made the trip and provided me with a stash of Laser Pro to keep me flying  for a while. 

I went yesterday (Sunday 12th), as a stop-over on a journey from the South-West to Bedfordshire. The wind was virtually nil.

It was a brilliant day, I know the number of traders was a bit down on previous years but there were so many suberb models that made up for it. The show has always been very family-orientated and it was great to see all of the younger ones there... and you just had to laugh at them all running out after the toffee bomber had passed over!

The Panic team chasing streamers and the Fun Fighters as usual provided lots of fast moving fun, whilst there was plenty of 'more serious' flying as well. The large Vampire mentioned previously, and a lovely large electric Spitfire were highlights, both flown in very scale-like manners, as well as the Dawn Patrol. 

The BBMF Spitfire gave an equally impressive display yesterday, in fact probably lower than Saturday's going by the video posted by Cymaz above.

Also this show always has a very laid-back atmosphere... no loud thumping music or over-enthusiatic commentary. And it's in a lovely setting.

Food and drink at reasonable prices and a good ice cream man!

Well done and thank you to all of those involved in the organisation of the show.

Brian.

• Like 1