A better equivalent to the Acrowot Foam E?

Andy C

3 hours ago, GrumpyGnome said:

Other opinions are available.......... ?

True - the main problem is that whilst other opinions are available, actual purchase-able options are very thin on the ground.

What else is there in the PNP/RTF foam hack class really? A RR Multiplex Acromaster (good, but very expensive) or the HK Voltigeur (good with a few mods, but out of stock and who knows if/when it will come back). That seems to be about it! HH have abandoned the classic foam hack for bush planes in various sizes.The only other tenable foam option I can think of is the Volantex Saber from Banggood, which seems to fly well but is a bit smaller and again probably needs a few mods to get the best out of it. YMMV.

3 hours ago, GrumpyGnome said:

Having had AW foamy, W4 foamy and Wots Wot foamy, I'd say the WW is far superior to the others - ample power on 3S, good flight times, wide performance envelope. Not very fast of course, and quite expensive now. 

Personally, I prefer Riot to Ruckus.

Other opinions are available.......... ?

As the Ruckus is based on the Riot I would expect it to be better built than the Acrowot and heavier. I would probably benefit from the same motor/esc upgrade I made to my Riot. The Foam-e Wots are quite lightly built and float but the Ruckus/Riot have more momentum.

The courier has, literally, just delivered my third foamy Acrowot. I flew Acrowot 2 (564 1/2 flights under its belt) on Thursday, took my eyes of it for a second to look at the timer then tried to fly a clubmate’s Wot4 (it’s the chequers under the wing) for a few seconds when I looked back. Did not end well. It was my “fly every time” model and I can’t imagine life without one! I will take a lot of convincing that there could be a better everyday model, performance, impeccable manners, fly in a really wide range of conditions, fit in the car in one piece, looks good and pretty fair value. Love ‘m.

David

• Like 2