DX6i not binding

Simon Chaddock

I have two otherwise identical DX6i (the older model that does both DSMX & DSM2).

After many years use one, likely the elder, the stick pots started to give trouble with erratic servo movement. Not good on the throttle!

On the basis I had nothing to loose I bought replacement 'DX6i compatible' stick gimbles from Ali Express. Easy to install, 4 screws and one plug for each gimble. The Tx 'monitor' facility shows all the stick signals moving smoothly. The original 'worn out' gimbles did not show this.

However the 'new gimble' DX6i now refuses to bind with either of two test receivers. The display says it is trying and Tx makes the right beeps but both the receivers just continues to blink fast.

My other DX6i binds readily with either of these receivers doing exactly the same bind procedure.  

Any ideas?

Edited by Simon Chaddock

Some antenna are on a press stud Simon, and easily knocked off while working with the back off.I

Check again in the back, and shake to reveal any loose screws etc

you realise the sticks have no bearing on binding

But there may be some latent Input.

look on you tube how to calibrate the sticks

And zero the trims before calibrating

Edited by Denis Watkins

18 minutes ago, Denis Watkins said:

Some antenna are on a press stud Simon, and easily knocked off while working with the back off.I

Check again in the back, and shake to reveal any loose screws etc

you realise the sticks have no bearing on binding

But there may be some latent Input.

look on you tube how to calibrate the sticks

And zero the trims before calibrating

I agree, you may have dislodged or broken the aerial wire and whilst you're in there check for any loose connections. 

Edited by Shaun Walsh

Tested the complete aerial unit in the other DX6i and it works fine. Binds easily and operates the servo normally. 

In addition the faulty DX6i no longer operates the receivers that the model memories were bound to so it does look like the RF unit is the problem.

The RF unit is a rigid unit which includes the plug and is held down by 3 screws. 

Drat and double drat!

Edited by Simon Chaddock