Dane RC - Lazy Bee

Ron Gray

I built a Clancy Lazy Bee years ago with the extra wing panels recommended for electric flight (that was when NiCads and brushed motors were heavier than small glow engines).  I also bought a ready made big version that was hanging up in a local model shop.  I flew the big one with a St34 glow engine but it got blown over on take off and destroyed when, on an otherwise beautiful quiet sunny day, a violent gust came from nowhere.

They have an ugly attraction and I might be tempted to acquire one of the DaneRC versions should they become available.  It might bring me out of RC retirement as I'm on the cusp of giving up altogether.

btw, the test flight video illustrates what happens with loose dogs at a flying field as discussed in another thread.  Luckily no damage to either dog or Bee.

Geoff

As you say @Geoff Sthere is an ugly attraction to them especially at this size and when flown slow even better! I did ask Michael about the 'wobbly' look to it when it was taxiing back and this is down to the fact that the rubber bands holding the UC were not strong enough so he may well change the method of fixing.

His 2 dogs seem to feature in a lot of his videos and they tend to chase his 'planes when they are close to the ground or when taxiing, not so much of an issue with the big gliders but it scares me when the models are powered like this one is.

Maybe we can get a bulk import of this kit into the UK?

• 2 months later...

10 test kits have been produced and are under construction by a local Club in Denmark. They look huge! Production is now expected in January/February. If it's sooner rather than later I'll probably order one, but if it is February I will leave until next winter and crack on with some existing projects.

https://dane-rc.dk/skilled-test-builder-for-lazy-bee-xl/

• Like 1

I have test flown the Lazy Bee ?

Michael from Dane RC is also flying in my RC club ?

Video from the maiden flight day at his private airfield:

He is also working on a glider version that I can test fly on the slope ?

Cheers

Soren

Edited by Speedster
  • Like 1