Pica 2.2m Spitfire

Paul De Tourtoulon

i had one many moons ago. Saito 180 for power and 21lbs. Flew ok but i sold it as the saito was not quite man enough and its exhaust kept falling off. This was pre laser so i didnt have any other power options at the time. 

Its super stable and very smooth flying. Landing is a breeze. 

• Like 1

I have so far had and still have one of 5 Spitfires, my 25 year old Marutaka Enya 90c is still going strong, but I am still wondering for the 1000€ asking price whether to get a Seagull one and a new 4 stroke.

It's complete with servos, aluminium cone and Electron Retracts ER40EVO

and has been fibre glassed.

Edited by Paul De Tourtoulon
the ,

I would take the pica. Known good model in the air (if its built ok) and you seem to get loads of parts you can use again like the retracts. I dont think the seagul artf could match this and their models are gaining a reputation with me at least for being a bit dodgy. Some fly very well, others are awful. Its a big risk to take. 

One solution, glue screw a frame together, cover in Corex, fit positioning bars, and strap it on a set of roof bars on the car. I store and transport a quarter scale Fokker DR 1 in such a box. No hanger rash. If you have a box already, you only need the positioning bars. 

I noticed, one of these Pica kits went through on E bay (UK), I started, complete, for about €230. Bargain I thought. But not for me.

And, don’t assume you are alone. I live in Dept 17, Charente Maritime, others live here, and assuming there is no hurry, a forumite delivery service can be constructed.