Irvine 61

Hi guys

my Irvine 61 been playing up it’s ok on the ground but starts to play up when it’s in the air seems like it’s hunting a poppin n fartin any stripped it down the carb that is is found nothing untoward reset the.bottom end using the pin and tube technique same with the top end still the same but I have noticed when I hold the nose up everything seems ok but when I hold the nose down I have bubbles in my fuel line the engine starts to play up and cuts out any ideas why I might have bubbles in the line when I hold the nose down at a 45 angle.

No, why would you try to run a motor nose down, full throttle, the clunk is likely to be sucking air. Is meant to be at the back of the tank. 
In flight, how often do you hold full throttle, in a 45 ° dive. Enough to empty the fuel line?

Why is holding a plane 45 ° down a diagnostic test for anything. Bubbles should be expected.

Hunting and poppin and fartin are not great descriptions, but as it’s not stopped, it’s more likely rich than lean. Lean= Stopped. 
If it picks up nicely from tickover, bottom end is thereabouts. Suggest, then a bit leaner top end.

plug still ok?

dirt in tank?

carb o rings leaking?

gunk in carb near needle?

remove motor, check for gunk, refresh o rings, refresh the plug, bench run it, tune the needles, prove the motor is ok by itself, 

on to tank install, fresh fuel tubes, fresh clunk tube, check no pinholes in the brass tubes

divide and conquer

On 18/10/2021 at 19:59, Don Fry said:

No, why would you try to run a motor nose down, full throttle, the clunk is likely to be sucking air. Is meant to be at the back of the tank. 
In flight, how often do you hold full throttle, in a 45 ° dive. Enough to empty the fuel line?

Why is holding a plane 45 ° down a diagnostic test for anything. Bubbles should be expected.

Plus if the model is in a full power dive it's unlikely the fuel will fall to the front of the tank ?