OpenTx on a X10S

Andy J

17 hours ago, Andrew Calcutt said:

Open tx is all very well but you need a laptop, I don't have a laptop only a pad.

Well...

1. That's not really true - if you want you can buy your TX and use it out of the box for ever without ever connecting it to anything, setting up all your models on the TX itself. True most will want to update it and play with files in Companion occasionally, but it's not mandatory.
  2. All the open source firmwares including OpenTX, ErskyTX and EdgeTX are completely FREE and created by volunteers. As such they don't have infinite resources to support every platform. From memory there have been requests from users to move Companion onto Android an iOS, but there concerns over getting the TXs connected reliably and spreading dev resources too thin in terms of ongoing support, so it never happened.
  3. Which other high cost proprietary systems even offer a PC based simulator tool as an option anyway? I'm not aware of any at this time, even the Android based Spek TXs don't seem to offer anything. 

Hi all,

I am relatively new to OpenTX, but I am getting on with it very well. I managed to update the OS and firmwares via the SD-card without problems.

What puzzles me is that several posts here suggest that you don't need Companion for that process, but following the manual you need it to set the options, like noheli, lua scripts, etc., and only then upload the .bin file to your transmitter. Is this step in fact not mandatory, and can you upload the .bin file downloaded from the OpenTX site directly (presumably with all options accepted)? Should it not be made suitable for your specific Tx (profile)?

Max.

Edited by Max Z