Hall effect sensor wanted.

Tim Crow

The gimbal is for a Jumper V2 or Radiomaster TX12 transmitter - the gimbals are identical and I'm using a TX12. Looking at the spec it says;

Supply Voltage (VCC): DC 3.0 ~ 3.5V
 Sensitivity: 2.50 mV/G
 Linear Output Voltage Range:  0.1- (VCC +0.1) V≤≤
 Quiescent Output (TA =25°C B=0 G): 0.5 × VCC

The actual small pcb is approx 13x7mm with the sensor plus surface mount biasing components. The sensor has 009 470 92 on it but I can't find any references via Google. It seems to fail after about 30mins so I'd guess it's a fault with the components rather than the wiring although I will try checking/resoldering the leads. The plug and leads look OK. The gimbals seem to be out of stock on the cheaper sites - I'm currently exploring getting an exchange but I'm not hopeful. That is why I was looking for a cheap fix and hoping to find an unwanted gimbal/sensor lying around that might fit.20211104_132435.thumb.jpg.2070587c84f9c9e28b1fa857f618a946.jpg

- attached is a picture. 

Edited by Tim Crow
Typo

It's in our modelling nature to fix stuff Tim, and you are on the right lines.

I would double check that the loss of stick movement was not an inadvertent bit of programming as Hall sensors have so little stress on them.

Either, we buy a new gimbal, or salvage parts as you tried to.

If this is your only transmitter, you get under pressure to decide and find a fix. 

Am still looking out for bits as it is a simple fix then.

Always fails after about half hour ?

You should be able to suss out some of the wires, earth, power, output signal after signal conditioning on that board, a pulse train....a scope would be handy, dmm should be safe to use....just be really carefull you only touch one terminal/track at a time !

Joining two terminals accidentally could mean " frying tonight "....

Maplins is dead, there are other suppliers, but catalogues these days are online...

Edited by Rich Griff

2 hours ago, Denis Watkins said:

I would double check that the loss of stick movement was not an inadvertent bit of programming as Hall sensors have so little stress on them.

It first manifested as full rudder deflection on my Easyglider after 20+ mins which made for an interesting approach and landing, luckily a perfect touchdown. I suspected servo/receiver connection so unplugged/plugged etc and all worked. At that point I reduced the rudder throw which made the next fail after about the same flying time a bit easier to handle! I then realised I could check the transmitter display and this showed the stick input signal was the problem, not the channel output. As the Hall gimbals were £12 ea. from China via Teknistore I guess they're not top quality. I've swapped it out for the OE potentiometer gimbal and may stick with that. TBH I've been flying rc for 45yrs and never had an issue with pots but was lured into buying the Hall gimbals by the perceived better reliability and quality etc. so now I'm wondering if it was a mistake. I'm lucky it was rudder that failed not elevator or ailerons as I doubt that would be a landable situation.

Edited by Tim Crow
Typo

• 4 weeks later...